Losing Favorites ?

got_to_love_jde

Reputable Poster
Hi All,
I have a couple of users (that I know of) that are losing options off of their favorites list. They do properly exit One World (ie. File, & then Exit) and do have the checkbox on for Save Settings". Also, it does not normally occur.
Any idea why this might be occurring ?
They come in over Citrix. Have not seen this problem with the few fat clients we have.
Best Regards,
Dave

Is anybody copying solution explorer from another environment using a 'replace' option? Like when you add a new report task to the tree?

Hi Jean,
The answer would be no (if I understand you correctly). I do not copy tasks from one environment to another. I manually add tasks to each environment as needed. And I am the only CNC guy around here.
Thanks for the idea though !
Regards,
Dave

JDE has an application to copy, P9864A on the content management menu, that's why I ask. It allows you to copy just pieces or all tasks from environment to environment.

Another thing to think about then would be to look at the user's User Overrides. Is it a specific user, or any users using terminal server? Also, favorites, as well as User Overrides, are saved on exit from Solution Explorer. You may want to make sure that users are ending their sessions normally, (whatever that means)

Jean Driscoll
AS/400(V5R2) Co-existent Xe SP22, Update 7/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

Re: RE: Losing Favorites ?

Hi Dave,

I would do as Jean suggested and check the user overrides as it appears that this issue is UserID related. Just a thought.

Mike & Jean,
We do occasionally have problems when I install changes to an application and the user overrides for that application have to be deleted for certain users to clear up problems.
I am unsure what connection this may have to the favorites but the problem certainly seems to be user related.
Thanks for these and any other suggestions.
Best Regards,
Dave

Dave,

This seems really strange since Favorites are purely Task related. Have you checked that the users understand that these Favorites are different for each environment they log into? Also, if the user profile name changes, than their favorites will need to be manually copied to their new profile.

Regards,
Doug

Back