Weird problem on Citrix

jaisejames

Well Known Member
Hi I am experincing a weird problem ,, suddenly a user will experince that he/she will not be abel to do a data seletion of type litral.... they can do null blank or any thing else except literal.. and when I log into the console of server,, it give me the same probelm one time and then it works and after that it start to work for the user too... I tired debugging too but there was nothign init... Any body has encountered some thing like this or does any one know whats going on...

Thanks
JJ

Please include the system configuration in your signature.

Is the user on Citrix or FAT client? Are other people experiencing the same problem?

This is happenign only on citrix...... We have web client fat client every thign else is working fine....

We are on ERP8 update 1 sp21... ( SQL and WINTEL platform)

Hi,
Seems to be the same problem like in post "Cannot select literal on citrix".

... we had the same problems. JDE suggestions were "Preserve NT-security" or "Add users to power user group".
We added the users to the power users group and the problem went away, but our TSE admins are not very happy about this
Regards

Have the same problem with a new install on w2k3. All four terminal servers have the issue with a user not being able to click 'literal'. Some days it's fine other days we are resetting it 2 or 3 times a server.
Once a user states they cannot select 'literal' an administrator need to logon to JDE on the server with the issue and get past the literal problem .. then everything is fine for all users on that server.
I tried installing new FULL Installs and giving the JDE registries 'Full Access' but same problem.
As of this email I'm giving up and trying relaxed security for the terminal server config.

(Win2k3 RDP 5.1) x 4
JDEdwards OneWorld Xe SP 21.1 Update 3
SQL 2000 Ent

The literal issues has been reported in EnterpriseOne 8.9 installations,
PeopleSoft provided a batch file with the following entries to correct
the issue. Not sure if it is the same issue, but may provide some
insight for you.

@SET OCXPATH=c:\B9\system\bin32

@echo Registering PeopleSoft OCX files

%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\dataitem.ocx
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\design.ocx
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\jdectocx.ocx
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\jdeocx.ocx
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\rdareportview.ocx

pause

Brent Marxhausen
DBT, Inc.
Independent CNC Consultant
EMail: [email protected]

Re: RE: Weird problem on Citrix

What is the latest status of this issue? We are experiencing this in our W2K/MetaFrame XP environment and it's getting readyto get hot and heavy...

Re: RE: Weird problem on Citrix

Did you just run this batch file, or did you append/cut & paste it into another file?

Back