Drill-down feature Tabular Reports

jsr1904

Does anyone know if there is a quick way to determine if there are any tabular reports that come pre-canned within JDE? Duirng the sales demo process the users mis-understood and thought that ALL reports could have the drill-down feature while unfortunately only tabular reports can have this enabled.

In addition, the documentation says that the drill down feature is a resource hog and that it requires manual cleanup of audit files. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this or know if it's limitations?

Thanks

Hi JR,

You are correct, only Tabular reports can have this functionality and, you have to set up "smart fields" to use the drill-down feature. While this does look really cool when looking at the demo of OneWorld I know there are many (not all) companies out there that do not like this feature because they don't want users (who should only be "viewing" a report) to go directly into the application -- hence, possibly making the report useless/outdated.

I'm not sure about the "resource hog" or "audit file clean-up" aspect of this feature. In my experience I've encountered neither. But, maybe someone else can chime in on this as I've had little requests from my customers for drill-down reports.

Back