Opening OneWorld email attachments in Terminal Server

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
We have a client with Terminal Server. They have users who receive emails with shortcuts to OneWorld apps as attachments. They want to be able to open these emails locally and then click the attachments and have OneWorld somehow magically open up in Terminal Server.

Are they completely stoned, or has someone figured out some kind of nasal demon shunt inverter mechanism that will do this?

Oh yes, if possible, the client would like the database to be mauve because he has heard that it has the most RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Tim, this was posted by Josh Littrell somtime in late 2002 or early 2003. One note: if you use NFuse to get to JDE on Citrix, it won't work. You can search the list for more detail... I seem to remember that the thread was quite long.

"Has anyone succesfully used the links from Workflow through Citrix,
without having the e-mail client on Citrix. We use 30+ Fat clients,
400+ WTS clients, we want to be able to click on the link that Workflow
provides and Open Citrix and pass the parameters of that link through.
As it is right now we can open OneWorld with the link, but it will not
open the associated application. I have been using the "Using JD
Edwards ERP Workflow Shortcuts with a Citrix Server" document from JDE,
we are on Metaframe XP FR2, I have associated the .jde extension to the
Published Application on the server. I have also created the .jde
extension on the test client and associated it to the "C:\Program
Files\Citrix\ICA Client\pn.exe" /APP "One World" /PNI "0900gc4l" /DI,
with the Action set to Open. This opens OneWorld on Citrix but will not
pass the info to open the program needed, I have also tried having a
connection established and opening the link and nothing happens. If
anyone has gotten this to work any help would be appreciated, thanks in
advance."

Incidentally, I had the same requirement and I passed the ball to our network guys two days back. They came up with a solution which is in citrix called content re-direction. They did some setup in critrix which will run OneWorld application from Citrix, if the file extension is JDE. I don’t know what was the setup and how it was done but my problem was solved.

Hey JDE Jedi Master Tim

No, your client is not completely stoned, you can use the email link to attach to a JDE app. We are about to use that functionality for purchase order approvals. When the users submit a requisition currently, work flow sends an email to their approver. In the near future (it's in PY right now), that email will include an HTML link to the JDE web client. That link goes straight to the requisitions awaiting approval app and the requistion in question. We had to do a little bit of custom programming to make it work (sorry, that part is proprietary), but the concept is very cool.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Hi Tim,

We got this work last week at a client of mine, using a combination of the techniques described in responses by others to your post. But basically the steps were as follows:

1. Changed JDE.INI on FAT, WTS, Enterprise Server with Client's email Server
2. Wtihin JDE, Redirected Specific Users to receive email in MS Outlook using P02101
3. Associated/Redirected JDE Shortcut File Type, JDE, to the Citrix Server

Hope those helps, but please don't hesistate to email me if you need some assistance.

Back