Xe -> ERP8 Upgrade

kurbylogic

I've been reviewing the documentation related to the ERP8 Upgrade and I am somewhat confused about a couple of points:

The documentation explicitly states running the db creation scripts but ERP8 and Xe use the same naming convention for Business Data - XXX/Control Tables - XXX would this not result in a conflict?

If you use the same database server would you not have problems during the database installation script creating the business data/control table databases JDE_CRP because it would already exist?

If you use seperate database the OCM/DSM records would both be pointing to Business Data - CRP and source/destination database would be the same? This does not present an issue with central objects/versions because the naming convention is different there is clearly 2 databases, PY7333 and PY7334, and thus no conflicts.

The documentation mentions the creation of a temporary environment but does not mention changing the OCM records for this environment so I don't see what purpose it serves (unless for the undocumented steps in previous paragraph).

In summary my question is should there be two JDE_CRP databases or one?

Additionally, we are on Xe Update 3 SP21 are there any update requirements before performing the upgrade? I can only find hardware requirments?

- Kurt

Xe Update 3 SP21
NT/SQL

Back