Security IO in RDA

J_J

Hi Is it possible to secure the Table I/O functinality in RDA event rule... I tried it several way, But not able to suceed.... One of my clinet would like to give access to thier staff on RDA, but would like to take away the ability to table I/O....Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jaise

I've been at clients where it was also the rule to only use Business Functions for Table I/O. That was the policy, and the client had expectations that any programmer would follow them to the letter. Whether it made sense to do it that way or not :)

My suggestion is to implement occasional code reviews, instead of handicapping programmers with limited access to JDE tools.

Short answer: Yes. But, you do it behind the scenes by limiting Oracle access..

- Give each user who will be writing UBEs a new (second) user ID; <user>-R for instance.

- Assign to these users an Oracle user that has only read access to the business data. (Write access will be needed to other areas since the process updates central objects....)

- Grant RDA access to the *-R users.

That will control updates to business data. Now, if you really want to make sure that these users can't update data...

- Create row security on these users that allow them to create only versions that start (or end) with some character string "UR00000" through "URZZZZZ" for instance.

- Secure all other users so they can not run versions in the same range.

That should do it.

Back