Extra tax withholding and no gross

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
Hi, we are testing JD20668 on the payroll side, and noticed something strange. When an employee is setup with extra tax withholding and they do not have any gross when the payroll runs, the system creates the 9997 DBA, and "arrears" the extra withholding. This doesn't happen in PROD, though we haven't taken a payroll ESU since JD18358 back in February. So I don't know when this change occurred. My question is has anyone seen this? If anyone is in this situation how do you handle it?
According to JDE, the system is working as designed in CRP because, the extra tax withholding is an override, and you can't arrear taxes so they create a recievable that the company must collect from the employee when they get a gross. Our question is, why do this? If an employee is not being paid they shouldn't be taxed, and we are not going to manually remove all the extra withholdings, and then put them back when are plants are running.

Please help! Thanks.

Wow. I have never scene this. I would have to say that this is something that does not function appropriately. I would call peoplesoft back and get someone else.

We did not like the response, so we put calls into our acct rep and they are looking to see what is actually going on. Hopefully we'll get an answer back tomorrow.
I'm still wondering if anyone out there does have a situation where employees have no gross but do have extra withholding, what are they seeing in this situation for that employee.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

The issue seems to be vertex 2.5 related. When we rolled our vertex back to 2.4.91 we did not get the issue. JDE also was able to do it, testing the ESU on a 2.4.91 system and they noted that they also did not get the extra withholding issue. Therefore a SAR request was put in SAR # 6907252
in case anyone is wanting this. Please note this issue was only seen after applying JD20668 and Vertex 2.5.

Enjoy!

Back