Don't suceed in using Push Installation for update packages

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Don\'t suceed in using Push Installation for update packages

Hi list,

I've got some fat client that need to be up to date with all the last update packages.
To do so, i was trying to use the "push installation".
I read the package management guide, a "push installation overview" document of the knowledge, posts about that in this forum ... But my tests remains unsuccessful !!

Here is what i tried :
- Check the Listener install on a particular fat client
- In the package deployment, i created a deployment of a particular update package to that fat client, checking the "enable push install" checkbox.
- On my own fat client, in my PY7333 environment, i created a version of the R98825 report with a data selection to select the fat client and the package name to deploy, and checked in this version.
- from my deployment server (in documentation, it was said to launch the report from deployment server), i connected in PY7333, went to BV and launch the version of R98825 i had created (it ran locally).
The result report was saying that the package was successfully pushed to the fat client, but i checked and the package is not installed on the fat client (still in the list of scheduled package to install).

To be sure, i desinstalled the listener and re-installed it (as a local service), checking the parameters.
I tried again (leaving the fat client logged with a user which have admin rights) but it's the same !

What have i done wrong or what am i missing ??

Is it correct to connect on the deployment server in PY or should i connect in DEP7333 environment ?

Thanks for your help.

Antoine.
OW Xe System admin.

RE: Don\'t suceed in using Push Installation for update packages

From my understanding of the push service, you also have to be using the
JDE unified logon service for it to work..

-------------------------------------
OneWorld B733.3 (XE)
SP 19.1_B1, Update 6
Win2k Server SP4
SQL 2000, SP2
Metaframe XPa v1.0/SP3
-------------------------------------

Xe, Update6 SP19.1_B1
SQL2k SP2, WIN2k SP3
Metaframe XPa SP2

Back