Working with Windows terminal Server

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,

In brief, the setup we have :
OneWorld Xe - B7333 with 4 standard environments (DV , PY , PD and JD) with SP20 and one off E1 with 1 - Deployment Server and 1 - Enterprise Server (Oracle database and JDE) both on Windows NT.
When installed WTS is not a part of OneWorld install i.e. there is no WTS environment. My colleges are using the DV7333 environments on the WTS.

The WTS config and install:

The Terminal Server is on Windows 2000 Adv. Server.
Installed the FAT client.
Created two users say "USR1" and "USR2" and a group "OWDEVELOPER".
Created one folders each for the two users mentioned above.
Copied the contents of the B7 directory to the folders created above respective to each user. Deleted the B7 directory.
Copied the jde.ini from the "c:\winnt" directory to the users profile directory i.e. "c:\Documents and Settings\USR1\WINDOWS" directory.

the modification in JDE.INI file :
[DEBUG]
DebugFile=C:\Documents and Settings\USR1\WINDOWS\jdedebug.log
JobFile=C:\Documents and Settings\USR1\WINDOWS\jde.log
WTSLogs=FALSE
OWDEVELOPER=TRUE

[INSTALL]
B733=e:\USR1

With the above settings the users are able to everything except for compiling the NER-BSFN. I have attached the screen shot for your reference.

The Question :
1) How can I resolve the NER compile error. Anything to do with VC++ install or system environment variable?
2) I am not using Ctrix, will it be a problem?
3) How can I install update packages? Is push Install the only way, if at all?(though i am yet to try it)
4) Do I need the B7 directory at all on the WTS?

The above question may sound very basic to most of you. If so, then i must tell you that this is the first time I am treying to configure the WTS. So it would very kind and helpfull if you share your knowledge experience and comments.

thanks a million times in advance.

Attachments

• 61323-NER Compile.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 78
Just curious if you work for one of the offshoring companies or a client in India?

Are you trying to perform a package build from a Terminal Server (in application server mode)? I don't think this is supported.

Working with VC++

Hi Sunny

You have too many queries :)

Question 1.
How can I resolve the NER compile error. Anything to do with VC++ install or system environment variable?

After installed the Visual C++, check the JDE.INI to ensure the path is configured correctly.

Check the following:

[JDE_CG]
INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include; $(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDEV98\Bin

Make sure the highlighted drive letter is the boot drive (it was C:) in the script; otherwise, OMW could not locate the MSDEV.exe object

THIS WILL RESOLVE YOUR COMPLILING THE NER-BSFN

Question 2
I am not using Citrix, will it be a problem?

Citrix Connectivity is only for JDE regular users. NOT For development Users.

Question 3
How can I install update packages? Is push Install the only way, if at all?(though i am yet to try it)

You got to use Push Listener this comes with your package build.

Question 4
Do I need the B7 directory at all on the WTS?
Yes, you always need to install with B7 folder with C: or D: drives only.

Syed
JD CNC/Administrator
Canada
[email protected]

Re: Working with VC++

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your responce. The issues were resloved. My developers have tested the setup to its limits and are yet to log an issue.

:)

Sunny

First, we do not install DV or JD env.in WTS. For WTS access only PY and PD are implemented.

Secondly, development or compilation is not recommended or installed on WTS.

And you do not delete \B7 folder from WTS, when u login with USR1 or USR2 the JDE.INI will be copied from C:\WINNT to user profiles.

Have any questions feel free to ask.

Sam,
Why do you answer a post from last September ? I am sure you want to help but I am sure more current posters could use your help.

Back