Cross Reference Facility

nemethz

Hi,

I am a new member in this list and I have a question:
Our JDE's Cross Reference Facility is empty. A have already run R980011 report, but it hasn't filled the table. Any idea?

Zoltan Nemeth
KOBAL Ltd./Hungary

OneWorld XE SP15, Win2k, MSSQL2k

Zoltan,

I know that I ran into a couple of issues with this.

We are currenty on 7332, SP21 - at one time the tables for the xref didn't exist - so I had to generate them.

Then the next issue is that the processing options out of the box point to some obscure enviroment - you need to insure that they are set currectly.

Lastly, I believe this UBE needs to run locally, not on the ES.

And it takes a long time and needs a lot of space - so make sure your database is either set to automaticaly grow or expand it enough before hand - I believe it will need over 2 gig of space for this data.

Good Luck!

Dave

Hi Zoltan,
this report has to run locally and it takes a vey long time. Before you run this job, check your SQL-database for this pathcode (e.g. JDE_DV7333), I would recommend that you set the size to unlimited.
Regards

Herbert

Herber, Dave,

tnx, I gonna try that.

Zoli

http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

HI Zoltan,

Firstly the Cross Reference report has to be run locally. It populates 2 tables F980011 and F980021. These tables are in the Central Objects Datasource. Before u run this report make sure you have enough disk space for your SQL data and log files to grow. Make sure that both the Log and data files are set to unrestricted growth for JDE_DV733x Database

Another suggesstion would be to run the x-ref report one at a time..first for applications,then for UBE's etc. Sign on as JDE when you run the report so that you can change the Processing options for the Report because it has some junk value for the pathcode field in the Processing Option.

okay, tnx a lot. It has generated 2M records into those tables.

But: What can i do in order to generate this rows of self-development reports?

Zoli

Re: RE: Cross Reference Facility

The corss reference generates info for Custom objects also. It generates records for all objects that are there in your Central Objects when u run the x-ref report..

You can you use data selection to run the x-ref report for a specific object also. just specify
where BC Object Name(F9860) = "<ur object name>"

Re: RE: Cross Reference Facility

Zoli,

FYI I managed to get my cross reference to complete after 3 tries. The first two filled up the data files. I had 8 gig to start with, filled that up, added another 4 gig, filled that up and had to add another 4 gig to get it to finish.

This process seems to create heavily fragmented indexes in SQL2000. After running a indexdefrag, I know have 6 gig free so I really didn't need all of that space except to get the tables populated.

2.2 million records in F980011 and almost 4 million in F980021 in my case.

Back