how jde stored in as400

Rishi

Dear List,
we have jde installed in as400. Could anyone let me know whether jde is installed as libraries or as folders in as400.

should i take backup of folders also.

thanks in advance

Rishi,

The answer is both. There are components stored in libraries as well as components stored in IFS. You should back up both areas for a complete OW based AS/400 backup, along with periodic full system saves.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the reply..could you let me know how to find jde components in libraries and folders.

Rishi...

Since an install is customizable, I'm not sure what was configured when the install was performed. If you download the AS/400 installation manual from the KG(if you don't already have a copy from the install), it will give you all of the default libraries, IFS structure, and DS folder structure information you need, along with suggestions for DS folder/file permissions in NT. At mimimum, you'll have a System, Data Dictionary, Object Librarian, and Install library, as well as Control Table, Business Data, and Version libraries for each path code/environment you might have. Then there will be a library for each package, and if you are co-existent, well, then all sorts of other libraries. My best advice is to get the install manual for your specific release from the KG, and you should be able to pretty well determine the libraries and IFS structures that are used by OneWorld.

Regards,

Jim

Also take a look at the "Server and Workstation Administration" manual (about 600 pages) which you can download from the KG. Chapter 8 deals with Backup Requirements and Backing Up OneWorld Tables on Servers including the AS400. It gives specific libaries and IFS folders to include in the backup.

Grant.

Jim is absolutely correct..all libraries are identified in the install
guide. Off the top of my head I believe they used to be in Chapter 2,
perhaps they still are.

If you want to be 100% sure look at your "AV" ODBC's.

Michael

Back