NTRunUBE

maguirem

There is a program called runUBE that ships on server versions of OneWorld. I had a need to call OneWorld UBE's from an NT workstation and looked around for runUBE. I found launchUBE and ubeprint, but could not see how to run these "blind" from a scheduler, so I wrote NTRunUBE. It has parameters the same as runube, and running it with no parameters should display a set of command line options.

In Demo Junior you can run it with:
NTRunUBE DEMO DEMO DEMOB73 R0010P XJDE0001 QB7333 Interactive

Regards

Mike

Its been a long time coming but here is another attempt at the upload

Attachments

• 63825-NTRunUBE.exe
    152.1 KB · Views: 504
Great work!

We're a OneWorld AS/400 shop and ran into similar problems a while back - how to access RunUBE functionality from a Windows box. One approach we looked into was launching RUNUBE using either rexec calls or using IBM AS/400 client access COM objects.

Would it be hard to add in one more command line argument (an enhancement to an already great tool you wrote btw):

We have a number of jobs that must be run locally (e.g. Z file conversion processes for EDI) and since runube submits the jobs to the AS/400 queues, certain jobs will not execute properly unless they're run locally on a windows machine.

Right now we are running such scheduled jobs in 'blind' mode using a windows-based JDE logical application server which is solely used for listening for jobs from the AS400 job scheduler. We're looking for a more flexible, more stable, and less complicated process than this app server idea, and this NTrunUBE tool would be perfect if it can run jobs locally!!

Steve Krisjanovs

Back