Backup Issues (not JDE issue but need help)

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi list,

I know it's not a JDE issue, but i thought that may be someone could give advices, or a good forum adress for my issues :
To backup our JDE platforms and databases, we use the software from Veritas BackUp Exec (version 9.0 revision 4367).
I had not particular skills with that software but had to set up our daily backup for our production platform (1 data server with oracle, where is installed Backup Exec server and the veritas oracle agent to allow On-line backup, 1 enterprise server and 1 web server).
We use a ibm robotic device (ultrium LTO) with 7 cartridges (1 per day).
We defined 7 jobs (1 per day and per cartridge) to backup oracle (on line), files from local drives and files from the 2 other servers.
But we experienced many issues with our backup :
- First, for a reason we can't explain, we had some jobs that failed (but not predictable : not always on the same job, not every week ..... It gaves me headache !). The job was launching but did nothing and finally timed out (automatic cancellation was set up).
- After, for about 5 weeks, every jobs were successul
- But now, after i made some changes in files selection of jobs, every backup fails for the local drives of the server (on line oracle backup is ok, and files on distant servers too). The error is "Unable to attach to one of the drives".

I don't understand because i made a backup test with one file from each local drive (c,d and e) and it works perfectly ....

If anyone as any idea or knows where i could find some information, i would be greatful.

Thanks,

Antoine,
OW system administrator.

Back