JDE Licensing Policies

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

Does any one have an idea how how JDE licenses its various modules. I have noticed that no matter which are the modules purchased the software contains applications of all the modules.

For eg even if I purchase Only the Transportation Module..the Menus and applications of all other modules like manufacturing are present. And the applications also open fine.

Does this mean that JDE's module licesning is only on paper and does not extend to the actual software..?

You must purchase the modules if you intend on using them. You don't
want to be audited and have them find you are using modules you didn't
purchase. Also, if you plan on using anything illegally, don't plan on
getting any assistance from GSS or any business partner for that matter.
You get a disgruntled employee leaving or a independent consultant who
doesn't get paid on time, and you'd just be asking for trouble if they
made a call or sent a e-mail or two.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim,

Well Its not that I plan to use modules that I have'nt purchased. I just wanted to clarify whether the Software will techinically restrict you from using modules you havent purchased. From your reply I guess it does'nt. I feel this is something that JDE should look into. They can easily disable applications based on your SPC code which should be indicative of the modules you have purchased.

I have found at some sites that the SPC code is able to control access to some modules. I am not sure to what degree but I have had a few clients who were only licensed for Financials and Distribution and could not, for instance, launch any Manufacturing apps. When attempting to launch an app in that system code a message that reads something like "You are not licensed to execute this application" is displayed.

So it appears that they are doing what you describe on some level.

Back