HELP : Does Log off/ login with another user on my W2k data server have any consequences ?

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
HELP : Does Log off/ login with another user on my W2k data server have any consequences ?

Hi List,

I have a little problem on my w2k JDE data server. I've got a dead process (a backup exec service) that take 25% of the CPU, but can't stop the service (not responding), and can't end the process (access denied). I'm logged in with a JDE user (which is local admin), but the service was launched with another local user.
I wanted to try to log off the server and log in with the use that launched the services, but i would like to know if it's safe for the JDE oneworld users (fat client and web) (cause i don't want them to disconnect).
Log off from a user session won't stop my oracle services, will it ?

Thanks for your answers.
It's pretty urgent ...

Antoine.
OW system administrator

Re: HELP : Does Log off/ login with another user on my W2k data server have any consequences ?

Antoine,
logging off from your windows session should not stop any services !
A dead process that eats up 25% of your machine does not look very dead to me (just kidding).

Bonne chance, Gerd

Re: HELP : Does Log off/ login with another user on my W2k data server have any consequences ?

Hi..
Logging off should not affect any services that have already been started. In Windows all services are started by the time u get the log on screen.

How ever if u still dont want to log off..u could use a application to kill the backup exec process. If u require this application let me know coz i have it with me. Its a DOS based program..just 76K..so i can mail it to if u need it...

Thanks Guys,

But one of our staff saved my life with a great small program. It's a .exe file of 56Ko that allow you to list processes, and with the PID, 1- try to close it 2- if can't close it, kill it.
It works perfectly well !!! Great !

You can find it in attachment if you want to try.
(to use it, launch a cmd window, go to the directory where is the program process.exe. Type "process /?" to see all the options)

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Antoine.

Attachments

• 60953-Process.exe
    52 KB · Views: 78
Back