Help with Jas Installation

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
We are installing a Win2000 JAS Server SP22 and we have some questions on the part about "Adding the Java Server to the OW Installation Plan". The reason being, the last time we did this with a test JAS Server over a year ago, some of our key tables (F986101-OCMs, F98611-Data Sources, F00941/942-Env Detail/Object Path) were overwritten and changed incorrectly. After you add the JAS Server to the plan you can look at the 'tree'. Under our plan the nodes that are populated:

Enterprise Server - 3 data sources AS400, AS400-Logic, AS400-Server Map
JAS Server - JASSERVER
Environments - JPD7333 with 9 data sources under it
Packages - default package names that don't exist

After looking at the original installation plan for OneWorld the J environments were already installed. If we currently look at our OCM mappings, the J enviroments have around 250 entries for the B7333 Server Map and around 700 entries for the System - B7333. Before running the plan, should I go into OCM and delete all the OCM mappings from the original install of Oneworld for the J environments so I get fresh ones?

The current new JAS Server plan is in status 20, finalized. If I highlight it and click on Plan Components from the Exit bar, the following are checked: Install Data Sources, Install Environments, Install Hosts, Control Tables, Package Builds.

If I highlight the plan and click Step from the Exit bar, it steps through various screens and then gets to a screen called Add On Servers Plan [Data Source Planner] where it has all of our current data sources listed in finalized status but under the create tables column every record has a 1 for automatically create tables. What is this going to do?

What is this plan suppossed to look like? Why should anything be listed under the Enterprise Server node or Packages? What is it suppossed to be be doing behind the scenes when setting this JAS up? Why is Install Data Sources and Control Tables checked in the Plan Components section? I didn't think it should be creating and new data sources. Any insight would be helpfull. We're trying to avoid having key tables wiped out again.

TIA,

Grant

Grant,
I always felt that the JDE manuals are unnecessarily complicating things at times. All you get from adding a JAS ( or WTS ) with the planner is that it creates the J environments in your F0094 and the OCMs. Thats all there is to it. The server´s name is not used anywhere, at least I have not found that yet.

I have messed up system tables at times using the planner. That happens when the information on your DS is different from the information in system. Meaning, when you have changed things after the initial install completed.
You may want to consider creating the J enviroments as copies from the original ones and then adjusting the OCMs for BSFNs. All OCMs for J enviroments are in the planner OCM table. You can copy these records form this planner database to your system.

My two centavos, Gerd

Thanks. In order to get this JAS added to the proper tables so it shows up (machine detail F9651), I guess I have to complete the plan though?

>>You can copy these records form this planner database to your system

I would assume these are the most up to date and get updated with the Planner ESUs so my original OCMs may not have all the entries?

>>I always felt that the JDE manuals are unnecessarily complicating things at times.

How true!

Grant.

Grant, I am certain it is possible to add the JAServer manually to show in F9651, I just don´t know how.
Sure, to have everything nicely in place it will be better to run the planner workbench.
OCMs for J enviroments are exactly the same as regular environment except for BSFN mappings. You will have a DEFAULT/BSFN mapping to YOUR_ES - Logic and then some UBEs redirected to run locally. Sometimes ESUs ask for changing BSFN mapping, but this allways is done through special instructions. To get all mappings right you will have to do extensive testing for all your apps.

Good luck, Gerd

Grant,

We are having the exact same issue. I have a call open with RL and am awaiting an answer. I'll post the results.

Regards,
Dan

AS400 V5R1 Coexistent A7.3 Cum 11, Xe Up7 Sp22

Re: RE: Help with Jas Installation

Thanks, please post the solution or results you find. I see you're on Coexistence as well. There's a co-exisitence checkbox in the Plan as well but couldn't find any help on it. We may end of placing a call as well, still doing some research and exploration.

Grant.

Re: RE: Help with Jas Installation

turkd,

Did you get yours installed? We did over here after a couple of calls to JDE. Seems the Planner process is a bit flawed in that it adds all the other environments as well into your plan.

Anyways:

On the AS400, backup the following tables before continuing: F986101 (2), F98611 (2), F00941 and F00942 for a total of 6 files.

1. The first part you have to add the JAS server to the plan. Just follow the steps. When it's done you should have your JAS server under the JAS node and the Environment with part of the datasources under the Environments node. If there are any packages, delete them under the packages node. You can then finalize the plan.
2. Before continuing to add the Enterprise Server (what this does is it puts the remaining datasources under the environments you are adding), if you are in Coexistence, open up the plan and check the Coexistence check box.
3. Now do the steps on adding the Enterprise Server. Once this is done, all the environments will be added. Delete the ones you are not adding at this time (you will get a message you need to delete the datasources as well). We were only adding one, JPD7333
4. To delete these hidden datasources you are not adding, click the Review button (if its not the Review button its the Step button) on the exit bar and Cancel through until you get to the Data Sources. Remove the other environment's datasources in the list.
5. Delete anymore Packages that showed up again.
6. Should have your AS400 Ent under the Enterprise along with three datasources. Your JAS Server under the JAS node. Your environment under the env. node along with the data sources.
7. Finalize the plan. Check the nodes again. Delete any packages.
8. Validate the plan. Check the nodes again. Delete any packages. Check to make sure you only have datasources for the environment you are adding on the report except for DEP7333 and Planner.

When we validated we had:
Client Access DataSources: 10
SQL Server: 1
MS Access: 2
Environments: JPD7333 and DEP7333 (it adds DEP7333 for some reason)
Path Codes: Planner, PD7333
OCM: DEP7333-OneWorld Local; JPD7333 - Bus Data Prod/ JPD7333 - AS400/ JPD7333 - AS400 Logic
Machines: JAS Name and AS400.

We then ran the plan. We already had OCMs from a previous JAS Attempt (total of approx 956). After running, we have 1033. Proceeding to setting up the egenerator PC.

Grant.

RE: RE: Help with Jas Installation

Grant,

I have not heard back from RL. I guess they were working with you!

If I do not hear from them soon I will use your plan below.

BTW, you do not have to set up a separate machine for e-gen. I am running it on the JAS server (the same one I am trying to add to the installation plan but works fine anyway).

Dan

Back