Optio and JDE Printing

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi List,

Heve some questions regarding Optio and Printing in JDE.

Currently in order for our UBE's to be printed through Optio we have to select Print Immediate when the job is submitted. Once this is done the jobs prints if you need to re-print the documetn you can select print from the exit and it works.

On the other hand if you do not select Print Immediate when you submit the job and then select the print on the exit the Jobs does not even go to the optio server. Now with scheduler running all the jobs that have optio documents we are not sure how to handle this. Is there a way to get this to work.

Third if we submit say invoice which needs to be printed via Optio and we view the PDF all we get is the JDE PDF not the Optio Document. I was told that there is a merge process that can be done in Optio but it involves coding and it is not a feature that is supported by Optio, now I know someone out there is having some success with optio and JDE.

Any information will be appreciated.

We use ROBOT as our job scheduler.

We put the correct optio que in the version of the report we want to go to
OPTIO.

To take care of the print immediate on the robot job setup we specify
Generate Spool File = *YES and that forces print immediate.

David Dresdow
Senior Systems Analyst
Stora Enso North America
715-422-3846 (Office Phone)
715-213-5580 (Cell Phone)

Cleola,

1. When not using Print Immediate you must still select the eventual output printer (Optio) WHEN you submit the job otherwise it won't print if you try to change printers when printing from the Submitted Job Search form. Suggest you setup default printers for those UBE's whose output goes to specific Optio printers so that users don't have to change the default printer each time.

2. Regarding Scheduling jobs spooling immediately I suggest you review some recent threads on the subject. I will say that what works best for us is using RUNUBE in a UNIX script scheduled via cron.

3. You won't see the converted Optio document from within JDE. Thats not the way the process works. Think of Optio as a virtual printer with some special capabilities. Until you send the JDE PDF file to the printer it doesn't get converted into a new output. You can have Optio print, fax, email, or store the converted output to disk. Depends on what you want to do. Just remember thats all done outside of JDE.

FYI we use Optio to:
- Print Checks
- Email / Fax POs, Sales Acknowlegements, Shipment Notifications ...
- Reformat reports and route to specific individuals or printers
- Create Equipment Catalogs

Hope this helps,

Larry,

I am trying to test this on a UNIX server sending the job to optio,

Here is the command I entered and here is the result.

runube cisaacs xxxxx DV7334 r5742018 pq0001 qbatch "Batch" "Print" "Save" pgn_r5742018

DB_InitEnvOvr failed with rcode = 0

Any ideas.

Make sure you are logged on to the Unix account that the JDE services run under. If you are on XE then usually this is jdeb7333.

I did that I logged in as jdeb7334 which is what ERP 8.0 uses.

Also has anyone heard of AppWorx, they are a scheduling application that works with JDE and a host of other packages.

Try changing the UBE Name, the version, and the Queue name to all Uppercase - I believe JDE is case sensitive about such things (under Oracle anyway).

I got it to work...I am now looking to test the cron part with some re-occuring schedule jobs. How long have you been using this solution and have you had any issues with it at all.

We have been using this method for 3+ years with no problems.

Back