Copy Menu across environments

kjjdelist

Well Known Member
We use custom menus in PROD, but when the users sign in to CRP for testing, they don't have the menu available to them. I see that the designated menu at the User Profile level does not change across environments (ie. if mine is CUSTMENU1 in PROD it's also CUSTMENU1 in CRP), but the menus created in PROD do not exist in CRP. How can I copy them from PROD to CRP?

As your are still in B7332, use Record Copy (P9864 I think).
P9864 will copy a single menu, not the menu tree. You will have to copy
each submenu one by one.
Alternatively you can copy ALL menus by copying the entire menu tables:
F0082, F00821, F0083, F0084 .

Gerd

B732 - ERP8, Unix, Windows, Oracle, SQL, WTS, JAS

The tables you want to copy are F0082, F00821, F0083 and F0084 (There are other if you are multi-language). Either have your DBA copy them for you or use the copy table feature in OneWorld. The relevant datasources are prodctl and crpctl.

Patty

If you're referring to Solution Explorer Tasks as menus you might try KG document ott-01-0066. This details how to use the P9864A to accomplish this task.

XE SP20; DS WIN2K; ES AS/400 V5R1

We create all our menus by using the OMW in our development environment. We push the OMW projects to status 26 (testing) and after that to 38 (production). So we have the same menus in all environments.

P.S. no need to create new packages... menus are available right after pushing the project...

Regards

Oliver

Thanks. Those tables were the ones I needed. Just copied with SQL DTS and it worked fine.

Re: RE: Copy Menu across environments

Iross,

There is a standard UBE, R9000C, that converts the G menu system to a task view (91 - description: OneWorld Menus). Have a look at KG doc ott-01-0101 (if you can find it) it explains the R9000C in detail. Entering a 1 in the processing option causes task view 91 to be removed before it recreates it.

The problem is that R9000C only converts the G menu structure. If you haven't got your menus attached to the G menus, then they won't be converted. This leaves the only standard option of manually ceating custom views.

This was not an option for me so I copied and modified the R9000C to convert any menu branch or tree to a task view.

Back