OW under SP22 not multi-tasking ?

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,
I have a new ERP8, SP22, AS400 install and have found a new feature, previously unknown to me:
Whenever an application is processing on a WS, I cannot open any other application. Instead I get a message box saying:

"A new application cannot be started while other applications are processing".

By talking to fellow CNCs I have learned that this behavior comes from SP22, it´s not a bug, it´s supposed to be like this. It´s supposed to happen with Xe as well.

To give an example: on the DS I am running P96470, actually R98700 spec merge for Update1. This takes 3 hours on my DS. When I try, at the same time, to open any other app, like OCM, User Profile, whatever, I get the above message.

Is there any way to switch this off? How do others cope with this new feature? I would guess that power users (like me) won´t like it.

Thanks, Gerd
ERP8, SP22, Update1, AS400, few Fat clients

Actually the fix came in SP21_F. We ran into the same problem and this is what JDE said. Previously when a user would click the find or delete button with any program that had a grid with it and then start clicking other windows to do other work, 1 of 3 things could happen. 1) data could be corrupted, 2) Error Message of system becoming unstable, or 3) system would crash. They disabled all screens until the Find or Delete completes. Their work around is to be more selective in the QBE lines to make the search quicker. ERP 8 also has this problem with the Grid Control, but according to JDE, ERP 9 uses a different grid control and does not have this problem.

Hope this helps....
Franklin

Back