SetUp Windows Terminal Server

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I am trying to Install Windows terminal Server, for people to connect to it and do development. What I want to know , Is Active Directory required to be configured on the terminal server.

What are the steps required, so that users can connect to the Terminal Server and do development.

Thanks in advance.

Sunny...

Obtain the document by Allan Jacot on the KG regarding development on a WTS. Please note...this configuration is NOT supported by GSS and Peoplesoft (as of today, JD Edwards no longer is an entity). If you can't find it, I have a copy I can e-mail you.

Regards,

Jim

Hi,

I have that doc. Copied below is the portion of it, where i am having issues or rather problems. the users are able to login but when the run OneWorld the are having the default path. What are the other pre-requistes or configuration required. Is installtion of Active Directory a must? Can you pl give me something in more details.

JDE.INI
Now that each remote developer has his or her own directory structure you now need to let the OneWorld® software know to use this directory structure. The way that a windows terminal server works with OneWorld® is that the JDE.INI file under the WINNT directory is copied into each users’ windows directory under the profile of each terminal server user. This is the JDE.INI file that you will need to modify for each user and ensure that it is kept up to date. You will need change the INSTALL section of each remote developer’s JDE.INI file to point the OneWorld® software to the correct directory structure on the windows terminal server. An example is shown below.
INSTALL
B7=D:\Jacotall
OWDEVELOPER GROUP
One of the final steps in creating a remote development server is creating a local user group named OWDEVELOPER. This local group is what enables the OneWorld® development tools on the terminal server, such as Forms Design Aid (FDA). The OneWorld® software is coded to look for this group if your remote developer’s NT login is a part of this local group then they will be able to use the OneWorld® design tools. This is why you need to add your remote developers’ NT login into this group.

Thanks a million times

Back