How to setup security for UDC values

ice_cube210

VIP Member
Hi List,

I need to setup security for certian UDC values. I have come across similar requests in KG and they mention a document but I cant seem to find this document.

Applying row security will not solve my problem beacuse i need to secure a specific code type under a System code and record type..

ie..under 00|W7 i want to restrict the code value C,P and R for a particular group of users. Row security allows me to secure values of a specific column only. So if i secure the Value "C" then it will secure all UDC's where C is there which is not desireable.

Can any one help me out here..thanks in advance

ERP 8.0 , Update 1,SP22, Win2k Adv server , SQL 2000

Hi ice_cube210,

I haven't the asnwer to your question but what i can tell you is that we wanted to secure some UDC tables and that row security was useless.
We finally did a specific development to make it.
We created a business function to check if a user was authorised or not to modify a UDC table. Then you modified the program P0004A (access program to udc) to use this business function on the lost_focus event. If the user is not authorised, the add, delete and select buttons are disabled.

If someone knows a better way ... i'll be interested.

thanks antoine...
but i guess i dont want to modify a core object just for this. I shall explore it some more and then ask GSS. This was a standard feature that was there in WorldSoft so i guess there should be some way to do it in Xe or ERP 8

Back