JDE email

franklin

[cool] We are trying to figure out how to setup our terminal server users to be able to get their work center messages through email but I'm confused on how to setup individual Outlook profiles on 1 jde.ini. Is there something stupid I'm overlooking?

You need to set up one default Outlook profile on the TS. What really
happens, is the email address is pulled from the AB record for the
intended recipient...so the "sending machine", either a TS or ES or Fat
Client, simply needs a way to send SMTP mail. The correct e-mail is
added from the AB lookup. The TS itself won't need multiple profiles...

Regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim....

Thanks for the reply...I think I know what to do now. I really appreciate your help.

Franklin

You could also just set up the employee queue manager to point to your e-mail engine (ex. Outlook) and enter in the proper e-mail address for the user. That's how we do it. Just fast path to G02 and then select Employee Queue Manager. Do a find on the user, highlight their name and click the Preferences Row exit.

Hi all,I can use external mail (Outlook) on Win2000 terminal server.Es runs on AS400.On fat clients I can send all workcenter messages to outlook without having any problem.I did the same jde.ini setting on terminal server.I changed the jde.ini settings for the user I logged on TS.It is the same as fat client.I create a outlook profile with an empty mail address.But when user run an ube on Terminal Server he/she can not see ube completion messages on his outlook.Can you help me at this point.

Ferrum,

I do not believe you can setup the Terminal Server ini file just like a fat client because multiple users will be using the TS ini file where only 1 user uses the ini on a fat client. That is where my problem occurs. How do you setup a user on the TS ini so that multiple users can access it...

Franklin

Franklin,
Of course multiple users log on Terminal Server.But for each of users logging on TS has a jde.ini file on TS.So I changed jde.ini for one user than I logged on Ts with that user.On TS in documents and setting directory I have my user' s directory.Jde.ini file for my user is there.So I changed it.It is not wrong isnt it?

Well, it is not wrong, but what happens when you deploy a package and it
over writes the ini file? If you have 50 users on each TS and have
multiple terminal servers, this could be an administrative nightmare.

Franklin Smith
300 Maddox Simpson
Lebanon, TN 37090
[email protected]

OneWorld XE SP 21- SQL Server 2000

hi,

maybe you dont have the smtp protocol on the wts

ferrum <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all,I can use external mail (Outlook) on Win2000 terminal server.Es runs on AS400.On fat clients I can send all workcenter messages to outlook without having any problem.I did the same jde.ini setting on terminal server.I changed the jde.ini settings for the user I logged on TS.It is the same as fat client.I create a outlook profile with an empty mail address.But when user run an ube on Terminal Server he/she can not see ube completion messages on his outlook.Can you help me at this point.
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=66007

This is the JDELIST One World / XE Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
Todo lo que quieres saber de Estados Unidos, América Latina y el resto del Mundo.
Visíta Yahoo! Noticias.

No I see SMTP service is running on WTS.But wts is not in the domain as fat clients.Do you think WTS should be in domain?
Thanks a lot.

Back