RDA: MSVCRT error

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
I have recently installed OneWorld Xe, Update 7, SP22. On a fat client running Windows 98SE, when I launch Report Design Aid (RDA), I get an error (note: this is a translation of the error from Spanish Windows):

"RDA caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0177:7800d613"

(Okay, actually, the error is "RDA provocó un error de página no válida en el
módulo MSVCRT.DLL de 0177:780120b1." because I'm in Spanish Windows 98SE)

The error happens as soon as any sections are displayed. I can create a new report, but as soon as it gets to section display, I get the same error.

I have tried installing the Service Pack 5 for Visual Studio 6. This did not help.

The version of MSVCRT.dll is 6.10.8637.0.

Has anyone seen this and found an answer? Thanks in advance.

[UPDATE]: I've now tried installing OneWorld on a Windows 2000 Professional machine, and still receive an error when I launch the RDA. Help!

[UPDATE 2]: I was trying to install this on Windows 2000 without service packs. I've now installed SP 4, but RDA still doesn't work.

By the way, the error I receive in Windows 2000 SP4 is different. Now when I try to open an UBE in RDA, I get this error:

Instruction at "0x7800fc9a" referenced Memory at "0x04211000". The memory could not be "written".

The actual text is:
La instrucción en "0x7800fc9a" hace referencia a la memoria en "0x04211000". La memoria no se puede "written".

(Por cierto, el error de idioma aquí es del programa :)

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Tim,

First off - trying to use any OW development functions such as RDA on a 9x machine is asking for problems such as you encountered. Win 98 per MTR is only supported thru SP17. Development Tools on a 9x machine haven't been recommended/supported for a long time.

On the Win 2K machine:
1. What Windows SP level is the machine at? (should be SP 2 or 3 given your OW SP level)
2. Did you install Visual Studio 6 (and VS SP 5) before installing OneWorld?

Cheers,

Tim,

Does the reported error happen with just one UBE or all UBEs?

Thanks Larry,
I've abandoned the idea of running RDA on 98 as per your suggestion.

On W2K, the Service Pack is 4.

The machine had VC++ 6 installed previously. I also installed the SP5 of Visual Studio before installing OneWorld.

The error happens on all UBEs. The RDA can be started, but as soon as the RDA tries to display any sections, the error comes up.

Thanks for responding, you're always very helpful on this list.

-Tim

Tim,

well, I'm not very helpful on this issue. All I can think of is to re-install OneWorld.

One more question though, does RDA work OK on other workstations?

I'll see if reinstalling will do it (I've done it before, but one more time won't hurt!)

RDA *does* work on our deployment server. We don't have any more W2K clients available to test the installation on (*sigh*). But that's normal.

Man, I'm tired of Spain. Anyone want to hire me back there in the US?

You'd have to learn Peoplesoft AND English...you're probably better off
in Spain than most of us here in the States!! ;)

Regards, Jim

Well then I'm screwed-- I'll never be able to learn English 'cuz I'm an American!

Tim:

I know...that's why I wrote that! ;)

J-

Re: RDA: MSVCRT error SOLVED

Response Line gave me a solution for this problem. Just to summarize:

Problem: On opening the Report Design Aid, you get a memory error, or the RDA simply shuts down.

Solution:
1) Check that there are records in these tables in the System Data Source:
F91400, F91410, F91420, F91430.
They should not be empty, and they should match the entries in the planner database (JDEB7.mdb).
2) Sign on the the deployment server as JDE in the JDEPLAN environment. Go to the OMW and add the tables above to a project.
3) For each table, go to Design->Table Operations->Table Copy. Copy from Local to the System Data Source.

The RDA should start up fine now.

There is a KG document on this named "Error when Attempting to open Report Design Aid". Search for it on the KG with its name.

Hope that helps. -tim

Back