Help Help Help: Does SP20 works for Payroll???

KHOSI

Hi,
Recently we upgraded from Sp15 to Sp20. We installed Oneoff R1. Income taxes stopped from working correctly when added an Interim or run Payroll. So we rolled back to SP15 and everyhting is back to normal.
Does anyone has SP20 and work well with Payroll? If so did you have to install any special ASU or ESU or Oneoff or SAR or anything? BC I opened this call with JDE for more than 3 months ago and we desperately tried all JDE's suggestions(not that many and verry rediculous ones.. but we did not want to miss anything so...)more than 3 different Denver's consultant has been working on this but no luck.
Many thanks
Will apreciate any advise

Firstly are you really on B733? Did you mean B733.1 or B733.2 or even B733.3?

What country are you running payroll(s) in? Payroll works fine for Xe (B733.3) but for prior releases if you want to run at a service pack higher than SP13 you need a bunch of ESU's.

Have you run the Vertex before and After reports? Are the correct values being sent and received from Vertax? What version of vertax are you running? Are your BSFN's mapped correctly? Have you rebuild a FULL package and deployed it to the server and clients? Does the payroll fail both on the server and locally? Try running payroll locally with logging turned on to see what happens.

Send me the debug log ([email protected]) and I'll take a look at it.

What database, OS, Service Packs, etc. are you running?

Colin

Thank you Colin for helping me out.
We still are at the dino version B733.2 . The only reason why I should upgrade so SP20 is to be able to isntall Security patches and other patches on our DB server SQL2000 on win2000.
We are running only canadian payroll. Our Vertex is at the latest version 2.4.9. We will go to ERP8 but we first need to fix this problem for SQL.
I have tried all steps that mentioned. The funny part is that JDE keeps saying that Vertex is not installed correctly which I disagreed. Here is why: when we still were at Sp15 I ran a full server and client package. THen upgraded to Sp20 and ran another full server and client pacakge and deployed. We ran interim and Provincial (state) income taxes did not get calculated, it is blank. BUT when we ran it locally everything is working fine. ALSO when we added an interim with Debug turned on on svr, it started to calculate well. So I deployed the SP15 server package on the server and on one client. Ran Interim and everything is OK. So this cleary tells me it is more an issue of ESus or ASUs but JDE keeps saying that there no special ASU or ESUs for this and that the error is from Vertex isntallation which I disagreed.
Funny part that we tested SP20 on the same server before Christmas and it worked great. Since we isntalled ESUs for year ends and T4 it stopped working. I am pretty sure that the problem is related to these ESUs but JDE insisted that it is not related!!!
What do you think?

Yep,

been there. Best option is to wait for ERP 8 instead of upgrading the current SP.

I've run Canadian Payroll on B733.2 and went as high as SP 17.1. This particular issue first occurred in SP17 and was solved by installing a number of ESU's.

I can send you a list of all ESU's I applied and you can see which one's you don't have.

Do you have the debug log for the client?

The actual issue is memory leaks when the functions are run on the server asynchronously (no debug).

Don't expect too much help from JDE, especially with ERP 9 coming out in the next month.

Colin

Back