Installing SP oneoff

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,

Recently I have applied Sp21 and its one off P1 on the DS and ES both. I checked the ptf.log on both DS and ES they show SP21_p1 which is fine. But the question, when I build an update package for the foundataion and deploy it on my FAT clients, the ptf.log shows only SP21. So, does it mean that one-off has not been applied to the workstation? or it means there was some problem with the update package?

Can some one through some light on this..
It would be of gr8 help. Thanks a million times in advance.

I ran into the same problem with putting on a SP one off. What happens is the oneoff updates the system files but does not recompress the system into the system.cab (SYSTEMCOMP). What you need to do is create an update package to recompress the foundation. You can select this during the compression phase of the build process.
There is also a program called B7/system/bin32/ jdecompress.exe that will recreate a .cab file.

After I recompressed the system file the oneoff was successfully deployed.

Ellen Davis
5 ES AS/400 2 V5R2M0 SP21_K1, 3 V5R1M0 SP19
Citrix
ERP8 Update 5

Hi,
thanks for your prompt answer. i went back and double checked the issue occurs due to the fact that during the update or full package built defination the compress foundation check box is unchecked. If that option is checked the package would recompress the foundation on its own.

I hope ..this resloves the issue.
Thanks

Back