copy old installation to a new one

JDEboy

Guys hi,
I have a client (Intel/NT, SQL2000, OneWorld Xe, XU6, and SP19), where every body in the region considers its site as a training site!!!! So it end up with a very lousy CNC setup, which couldn’t support any tasks starting from installing new ESU...ASU…XU…. no security server….no submitting reports to the server…also doesn’t support creating new environment…OCM are living in a big miss… even the deployment, planner environment is screwed up!!! The production environment is hardly working…any way
I want to make a new fresh installation (new deployment & enterprise server…both with new names, and configurations), and I want to carry over every thing done on the old one to the new one…and I have some questions that I might need your help guys for:
1. Procedure’s sequence.
2. How to copy the custom developed objects from the old installation to the new one? (“Product packaging” for this site will not work).
3. Should I replace the new pathcode folders by the old one?
4. What database’s tables need to be replaced from the old DB to the new DB? (as is)
5. What database’s tables need to be replaced from the old DB to the new DB and then modified? And what fields exactly need to be modified?
6. Workflow processes from the old one to the new one.
7. OCM mappings considerations, if any. (I don’t think that I should carry the OCMs to the new installation).
8. The best way to deal with the port number for the new installation if I want both installations to work on the same LAN synchronized for 1 or 2 weeks (should I replace the default number 6009 by a new one for example 6010).
9. Any cautions or any notes that any body may have especially who did such job before.

I found on the KG document OTI-99-0057, that it might give answers to some of my questions, but I would like to take the advice from the experts…you guys

Thanks for your help, and time

Back