Do the PORTTEST failure affects Server Package Build ?

jdeinspire

Hi all,
I'm a novice to J.D.Edwards and encountered problem with Server Package Build and this is my first assignment.
First of all, we were unable to run PORT TEST succesfully.Does this affect the Server Package Build..
We installed OneWorld Xe B7333 in Active Directory on Windows 2000(1 E.S and 1 D.S ).

Please help me out in this matter.

Thanks in advance !!!

Vikram
CNC, OneWorld Xe,SQL Server 2000,Windows 2000

They use the same functionality, but are not dependent on each other. The fact that neither works simply indicates that theres something wrong with the installation...

Such questions are probably too big to be answered in a forum like this. There's a lot that can go wrong.

Good luck,
Alex.

can you be more specific with what are the errors during Server package build and porttest.

be happy

Hi Vikram
Is this is a new installation, or it was working earlier. There many reason for Porttest failure, please refer the Porttest checklist in the installation manual. Just to start with, if new installation check the server name, JDE support max 10 character. Check the jde.ini files, porttest comand line, check package build error log, etc

All the best

Port Test and Package Build

Hi,

Thanks for your spontaneous replies. This is the new installation and infact given 11 characters for Servername,that might have lead to the PortTest Failure.

I've gone through the log files and B960004 (ESU JD19076) is missing only from DV7333 Environment.I would like to re-install Planner ESU JD19076 once again and apply that to the DV7333 env.

Later i would like to build the Server Package.Is it feasible or not?I'm attaching the log file and plz go through that.

Anticipating something from you guys !!!

Thanks again,
Vikram

Attachments

• 60249-JDELOG19082003latest.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 204
Re: Port Test and Package Build

Hi, I strongly belive that, u should bring the servername within JDE naming convention limits. Other wise u may face issues later. There are work around to correct this in KG incase u r not in position to re-install JDE server (both ES & DS). Anyway please log a call with JD and wait for their response.

All the best.

Back