Transfering object from one install to another

jaisejames

Well Known Member
Gentle men

I am looking at transfering object ( UBE, Application etc ) from One JD EDwards installation to another . I know this can be achieved trhu Product packaging , but that involve lot of setup and space consideration for the client. I would like to avoid .. My developer would like to simply move their object from one install to another without going thru Product packaging.

Has any one attmepted to do this. what all methods are avaialable to do this. Pls advice

I have a commercial tool for that - please, contact me directly.

Regards,
Alex.

You can do a "Get" in the omw to transfer object from one install to local workstation.

Product Packaging is an asset if used correctly. I can walk you through
setup. Let me know if you are interested
Thanks

Hi James,

I have used couple of tools but nothing works better than product packaging. It is the safest and cleanest way. As far as setting up is concerned it is matter of few minutes only.Pretty Simple. I have a doc ready, its a step-by-step. Let me know if you require.

Further, how many objects are you looking at to be transfered. It does not take much size at all, you can even delete it after you are through.

have a nice day

Hi Sunny,
I'm also interested in Product Packaging.
Just wonder if you could attach your doc. I'd like to take a peak at it too.

Thanks,
OneWorld Xe / SP 18 / AIX/ Oracle Oracle 8.1.7

Hi,
I also totally agree with the others that Product Packaging is the best way to transfer objects from one install to another. The only restriction of using product packaging is that both the installs have to be at the same release level.

I am aware of a work arround we used once to transfer objects from an Xe Install to an ERP 8 install. Both were at SP 20 and AS/400 V5R1

the proc we followed is as follows

1. Build an update package containing the objects u wish to transfer (make sure to check "include object specs")

2. Now at your target Install setup location make dummy objects by the same name as the objects included in the update package.

3. Build an update package by the same name containing the same objects at the target location also

4. Now copy the package folder that is created at the source location (DV733x\Package\<package name>) and paste it at the target install (DV733x\Package\).

5. Install the package to any client workstation. You may have to edit the inf files to point to the correct locations.

6. After u have installed the pacakge see if the new object specs have come. If they are proper then u can do a force check in and update your central object specs also.

Note : this is work arround method and not supported by JDE...i wud not recomend it for PROD env. DV is fine..Also this method is best for custom objects. Playing with core JDE objects wud be risky...

Hi,

It would be really great if you could post this step by step document on jdelist.

Regards,
Ather

Back