Commit Failure

Mgroeneveld

Well Known Member
Dear list members,

Luckily i'm not the only consultant suffering with the commit failure error. So hopefully someone can help me with the following:

My customer frequently receives a commit failure during different inventory transactions (inventory adjust/transfer, purchase receipt, ship confirmation). In order to trace this, we've activated the F41021WF for this purpose only. We cannot rollback because these errors are often reported days after the incident occurred.

The F41021WF only shows commit failures that occurred during ship confirmation. Other commit failures have been reported also.

According to Edwards, the most likely causes are:
1.) weighted average cost in conjunction with negative QOH=> Weighted average cost is however deactivated for our customer.
2.) additional lines during ship confirm=> this however only results in a commit failure as soon as adding lines (freight cost) results in a lock of the order. This is not the case for our customer.
3.) a conflict with the data dictionary => this can't be the cause because an order can sometimes not be shipped (commit failure) and after changing the status code, it can be shipped without changing data.

Does anyone have other suggestions on possible causes ? I want to write down all possible causes and come to the most likely conclusion.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Martijn Groeneveld
Oneworld XE, Upd 1, Sp20

Martijn

Try changing the client and server jde.ini by adding the following:

Under the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] stanza add:

OracleServerHandleReuse=0

This solved some commit failed errors that we were having. Also, I've had user overrides cause commit failed problems as well. Hope this helps.

Patty

Hi Martijn,
I have seen this at a few clients - the cause is to do with manually selecting lots/serial numbers at P4205 time - or at least this is where this has happened in all cases so far.
I know that there is an ESU for this but I cannot give you a number. I tried to find this again recently and couldnt find it !!
I will ask around (again!) to see if we can find the ESU as I have this one again at a client too!

Oh - I can confirm the clients were all selecting lots manually, no -ve QTOH, no freght lines (using Transportation - in all cases) this is in U5. I cannot confirm if this is in U6.

Regards

Peter

If you are operating on an AS/400 one possible cause is that the Client Access ODBC driver on the client machine or terminal servers needs to be updated. We experienced significant commit failures and this proved to be the cause.

Another possible culprit is network setup. If a database request or response is taking to long to resolve how to route it can cause enough delay to create a commit error.

One way to reduce commit failures is to increase the number of seconds a response is waited for. This is a setting in JDE.INI.

Have a good day,

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County
XE SP20 Update 4
AS/400, Citrix, Terminal Server, Java Serve

If you are operating on an AS/400 one possible cause is that the Client Access ODBC driver on the client machine or terminal servers needs to be updated. We experienced significant commit failures and this proved to be the cause.

Another possible culprit is network setup. If a database request or response is taking to long to resolve how to route it can cause enough delay to create a commit error.

One way to reduce commit failures is to increase the number of seconds a response is waited for. This is a setting in JDE.INI.

Have a good day,

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County
XE SP20 Update 4
AS/400, Citrix, Terminal Server, Java Serve

Dear Martijn:

Please let me know the exactly error mesagge.

Best regards,

Luis Carrizo
Xe, SP19.1, XU6, NT, Oracle

We had commit errors back on Update 1. They were caused by tables not being there. have you checked the jde.log when these errors occur? If you can make them occur, turn on the jdedebug and check.

Hi, we have same problems in our database.

- Verify in all your databases the case "Support for update" is checked.

- As say in another message verify in your JDE.INI you have :
[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
OracleServerHandleReuse=0

- This could be due to a fonctionnal problem (for exemple the UKID in F4111 is greater than the associated UKID of F00022, or a programm try to insert an existing row in a file)...

Back