launchube - command line options?

Bob_Duben

Bob_Duben

Well Known Member
List Afficionados,

We are trying to interface our OneWorld to UPS's ConnectShip software and it needs to run an external command to execute a UBE.

I found LAUNCHUBE in the BIN32 directory but have been, thus far, unsuccessful at getting it to accept command line parameters. Are there any?
This would be running on a WIN2k box with Xe Fat client installed.

Anyone in this brain-trust had any luck?

ON a fat client, there is something called ubeprint, but I forget how it works. Launchube doesn't take options as far as i can tell.

But why do this on a client workstation when you have runube on servers?

Segfault,
Thanks, I will experiment with ubeprint.

In answer to your question, it must be run on the server/workstation that is running the shipping application. It is using ODBC's to manipulate the data directly in the OneWorld tables, then we have to somehow get it to trigger the running of some UBE's to update this OneWorld data.

So if the shipping application can do an external call after it manupulates some data we can trigger it to call specific UBE's to perform these OneWorld updates. Otherwise we would need to have some continuously running business function that would recognize that data has been added or changed in specific fields in specific tables as a trigger to run these UBE update processes. With a busy AS/400 already running 1300+ active jobs, we try to avoid these polling type jobs wherever possible.

We have used RMTCMD from CAE quite successfully. Here's an example.

rmtcmd qsys/sbmjob cmd(call pgm(cooksys/strnfselg))

This is basically calling a CL to Start NFS services for a remote Unix box. Your UPS box may have it's own communication software with a similar command or perhaps it's worth expending a license and installing it on the UPS machine to have the ability to execute some AS/400 commands remotely.

Darrell Allison
Systems Programmer
AS/400 V4R5 9406-730 8-Way / OneWorld B7332 SP11.3

Back