Build: AIX cc licensing error 1506-507 [RESOLVED]

timallen

timallen

Well Known Member
(OneWorld Xe XU7/SP22, E/S: RS6000/AIX, Oracle 8.1.7)

I'm doing a server package build on an RS6000. I looked in the CompileLogs directory and have a lot of files with this message:

"1506-507 (W) No licenses available. Contact your program supplier to add additional users. Compilation will proceed shortly."

I tried creating a normal "hello, world" program in c and submitting it to the cc compiler from the comand line and got the same message, so it looks like this is an AIX problem, not a JDE problem.

Should I be worried about this? Is this eventually going to make my package build fail? Is there a way to turn off this warning temporarily if JDE interprets it as an error? Will that coyote *ever* catch that roadrunner?

Thanks in advance. -tim

Re: Build: AIX cc licensing error 1506-507

You need to renew your licences for C compilier for AIX. If you don't then server package would always end up too fast and obviously in error. The reason it won't be able to compile any BSFN.
I have faced this issue on my Solaris.

BOL

Boo hoo hoo! Sob! *sniff*

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks, I'll go tell the client the bad news.

[UPDATE: See below about "-qnolm" cc flag saving the day]

I found a solution!

The cc compiler on the RS6000/AIX has a switch to turn off the licensing warning: -qnolm. I editted the JDE.INI file like this:

CompilerFlags=-qnolm -qalign=natural -qflag=I:I -c

Note the "-qnolm".

Not only does this let JDE go ahead and do the build, but also the compiles go *much* faster. I guess the cc was trying to contact a licensing server, could not find one, and then issued the warning. Without all that, the compile goes a lot quicker.

HTH-
Tim

Back