How to get force a SAR from ESU

JDE4PSI

Hello list,

We are facing an issue in receipt routing which was addressed and fixed in SAR 5797531. This SAR includes one object which is NXT43092. This SAR was included in update 7 and also in base line JD18810.

Now to my problem:

I have applied both XU7 and JD18810 but we are still facing the issue. (The way I know how to check) I went into P9601 (package Assembly) to add and update project. In form W9601D it shows all the details particular to an object like OMW project name, description, object type etc.

NXT43092 was replaced by the OMW project created by the baseline ESU JD18810. The time and date stamp of modification is exactly when I applied JD18810. But unfortunately in the last column which has SAR Number show SAR 4397990 instead of SAR 5797531.

SAR 4397990 was completed some time in 2000 while the SAR 5797531 was completed in 2002. What looks like is that it is getting replaced but not by the latest SAR.

In R98700 (Speciation Merge Report) merge status is successful and in R96701 object install status is applied. I am lost here. Reports show that object was replaced but the latest and the correct SAR number is not reflected, hence the problem still exists.

How can I fix this problem? Would appreciate your assistance.

Ather Iqbal--
OneWorld Xe: SP22.C1,XU7---
Windows 2000, SQL 7

Hi,

Any comments and or suggestions. Do you need more info to get a complete picture. Is there a way for me to install only one SAR from an ESU. Is there a work around for this.

Regards,
Ather

Ather

It looks like Sar 5797531 is not contained in NXT43092 or it's not documented in the code. I also found no reference to 4397990 in the code either. I have installed JD18810 to my Pristine environment. I would call JDE.

Patty

Hi.
You may forgot about incorrect SAR number. It's really important that the object was merged.
I don't know how apply only one SAR (I think you need apply all objects for this SAR), but you can merge the objects from ESU that you want.
Apply ESU again. when you select environments then press "affected objects" button, then press advansed (there is only one button on exit row), select necessary objects and change status to "ready for merge". Then apply ESU again as usual.

Patty, you are right. It does not show any thing in .h or .c files but this is how I checked.

I am sure that my problem is exactly in SAR 5797531. In update center in KG I searched for 5797531 and looked for the objects that it includes. It only list NXT43092. This SAR is included in update 7 and then after that it was included in JD18810.

SAR 4397990 does not show up in update center search but in normal KG search this SAR comes up and also deals with receipt routing.

But again the history is not there in .h or .c files

Regards,
Ather

Thank you for your reply. The object was merged but I am not seeing the correct results which is described in SAR 5797531

Regards,
Ather

Another obvious question is - were there any special instructions with that SAR? (and did you complete them?)

Good point. This is the first thing i checked and there were no special instructions for this SAR.

Thanks

I can only surmise that there are something special instructions for that SAR or that SAR has got other objects, that you don't merge.

The ESU process merges objects. You can't just apply one sar out of an ESU.
Hope this helps

Back