what does it means ?

tanu

Dear All,
could anybody tell me what does this message mean :

1156/1704 Tue Aug 12 15:30:00 2003 B0200900.c97
eNullHandle: The mail handle is NULL - SendMail

I got that from jde.log, the message appear when I tried to use external mail.
The most important is how to fix that ?
TIA

Hi Tanu

We got this same error and it was because we did not have an e-mail client, i.e. Outlook installed on our Ctirix servers.

We also had to do some work so valid e-mail profiles were automatically created for each of our users when connecting to Citrix.

There was a post a little while ago about this. Someone had written a program using a tool called mapigen which helped in creating the profiles automatically. You may want to search for that post.

Rgds
Rebekah

Thank you Rebekah,
I will looking for the thread.
The problem is we don't use outlook here (neither express nor MS outlook), is there a way to solve this without using outlook ?

Hi again Tanu,

Here is what I got back from JDE when I asked what was supported and what wasn't;

There are two mail supports in OneWorld, SMTP and MAPI (Microsoft technology which is being slowly phased out by Microsoft).

1)Messages sent from Workflow used the SMTP technology and it will work with any mail clients, as long as the mail client is connected to a SMTP compatible mail server.

2)MAPI, on the other hand, is used to import mail from your mail client (e.g. Outlook) into Work Centre, so that you can read your emails in OW work centre. Therefore, MAPI is very dependent on mail client that is being used.

We went down the MAPI path and managed to get it working eventually with the help of the mapigen tool I mentioned earlier.

HTH
Rebekah

Dear Rebekah,
Actually I prefer to choose smtp approach, but when choose this approach (setting the Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER and put our email server on it), the email is always rejected by the mail server saying that it is rejected because the mail is using bare LF.
Then I try the second approach using MAPI, and the message I mention before is show up, then today I installed again the outlook, and found this on the jde.log
684/1796 Wed Aug 13 08:59:45 2003 B0200900.c300
eCallFailed: A MAPI call failed - SendMail
When I read the doc, it seems the setting is easy, but when I try it, I bump to those messages (^_^).

.....you need to make sure you have a valid mail profile configured and also make sure the name of that profile is entered against the mailprofile field in the [JDEMAIL] section of the JDE.INI file.

Again - this is what we used mapigen to do auotmatically when our users log into Citrix.

Rgds
Rebekah

Back