How to make certain application automatically launch

tanu

Dear All,

How to make a certain application automatically launch everytime he log in to JDE ? for e.g I want to make the work center is automatically launched when a user log in.
Thanks in advance.

If you create a new file "OneWorld.JDE" and using Notepad enter the following few lines in that file:

[OneWorld.Application]
Menu=G02
Selection=4
IsMenu=0

then save it on your desktop and run it instead of the usual shortcut OneWorld creates, it will do the job.

I am attaching such file here...

Regards,
Alex.

Attachments

• 59615-Employee Work Center (4-G02).jde
    57 bytes · Views: 81
Thank you very much for your sharing.
It is really what I want.
Do mind to tell me where I can get the information about this kind of stuf ? like the item that can be include in .jde file ?

Hi Alex,

Its a new learning for me.
Can you explain a bit more about the Selection and IsMEnu fields.
Say I want to run Item master in that what should be the value. I understand Menu would be G4111 but what should be the value of Selection and Ismenu

Thanks

I'm glad to be helpful.

I don't think it is documented anywhere, but the "Selection" is apparently the "Selection Number" you can find in the menu design under G4111 - on my system it's 2. "IsMenu" would be 0, because it's an APPL, not another child menu...

Regards,
Alex.

Along the same lines this is the text from a previous post on creating .jde shortcuts. We use these with a lot of success. We dynamically create email messages in SQL are able to attach a dynamically created JDE shortcut to the emails so that the user can launch the correct JDE app opening up a specified record.

PREVIOUS POST THAT I FOUND USEFUL
==================================
Subject: Re: Screen Pop
Poster: tpw_nz
Posted on: 11/8/01 07:45 AM

Hi Mike,

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

A method I have used is to dynamically create a file with a .JDE extension. Then pass the filename of your .JDE to whatever "system/shell" function Siebel has.

Below is an example of calling one of the Address Book screens and passing in an address.

[OneWorld.Application]
IsMenu=0
Application=P01012
Form=W01012A
Data=|12345|
POData=
Version=

Breaking down each of the lines.

[OneWorld.Application] - is required at line 1

IsMenu=0 - required

Application=P???? - the name of application

Form=W??? - the name of the form within the application, use the about button to determine this

Data=|||| - the form interconnect parameters separated by | characters. To determine the interconnects either design the application or use the owinfo application posted in the "Tables" thread started by jeremey_garcia.

POData=||| - Processing option values. Like the form interconnect, parameters separated by |. Again design the template or use owinfo.

Version=??? - The version name.

This will take you into the required OW screen and fill any fields as the application would had it been called from another OW app. If your target application doesn't treat the interconnect values as you want you may have to tweak the code of find another way of starting the form.

Regards

Trevor.

XE - SP16 - Update 2
Oracle 8.1.7
Sun Solaris 8

==================================

This is a great solution.
Can we also have the option in this solution to logoff from OneWorld, if the user clicks the Close icon in the application?

These are shorcuts. You really do not need to know how to create them since OneWorld will do it for you.

Just find the item on the menu you want to run and create a shortcut by right clicking the application, UBE or menu and then clicking shortcut. The shorcut fille is create on your desktop.

Alternately, you can launch the application that you want the shortcut for then click "Create Shortcut" on the applications Tools exit bar.

Keep in mind that files of this type go around the menu. If menus are the only way you secure your system a shortcut will circumvent your security since if allows a user to run a function that is not on their menu.

Back