jolly

VIP Member
Hi All,

I hace a client wth the following configuration:
Prod ES: AS400, SP18
Dev ES: NT4, SP18_E1
Clients: Win2K, SP18_E1
IBM Client Access Express V5 R1 M0 on clients

Note that the Dev and Prod ES's are different architecture and different SP's and that the clients are different SP's to the Prod ES.

Does this sound like a problem in the making?

The reason I ask is that
a) Occasionally I get the floowing message in jde.log:
"1744/3284 Thu Aug 07 10:51:59 2003 JDBODBC.C5121
ODB0000211 - Verify the OneWorld SP levels between the Client and Server: UKNCSR14."
(UKNCSR14 is the Prod ES name).

b) There is a bespoke application that I am working on that runs fine in DV, but in PreProd on the Prod ES, it fails.

The failure in my application is that when the user selects a row in a find/browse form, the Fix/Inspect form opens in Add Mode not Update Mode, despite the fact that the kesy are passed in in the FI. Further, the following error appears in the jde.log:
"3936/4000 Thu Aug 07 11:19:47 2003 ODBC_P1.C1484
ODB0000095 - SQLFetch failed in Table(1st) F563703
Database Business Data - PREPROD

3936/4000 Thu Aug 07 11:19:47 2003 ODBC_P1.C1489
[IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)]Column 19: CWB0111 - A buffer passed to a system call is too small to hold return data - SQLSTATE: 22005

3936/4000 Thu Aug 07 11:19:47 2003 jdb_drvm.c977
JDB9900172 - Failed to exeute db fetch"

It's never a good idea to have clients and ES's at different SP levels. It can and most likely will cause data corruption. This is caused by a program making a call to the ES on one SP level and the ES denies or incorrectly performs the action because it either did not know about the function in question, or performs the function in a way that the client wasn't expecting it to happen.

To test your app in Prod, make sure that the client is using the same SP level that the ES is at. If it still fails, then I would look at the code for that app.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Do these clients have both DV and PD installed on them?

The DV path code can have a different SP than PD in order to test the SP, but these DV clients should only have DV installed on them. Once testing is done, SP should be applied to PY and PD.

Why is the DV ES OS different than PD ES?

> Do these clients have both DV and PD installed on them?

Yes

>The DV path code can have a different SP than PD in order to test the SP, but these DV clients should only have DV >installed on them. Once testing is done, SP should be applied to PY and PD.

>Why is the DV ES OS different than PD ES?

The PD ES is an AS400, the DV ES is WinNT. I know, not pretty but that's how it was when I became involved with the site.

Cheers,
JohnO

Back