Deployment Server Reboots after Blue Screen

dwillems

Hi. I am having a very strange and irritating thing occuring whereby our deployment server gets a blue screen stop error (threads not released) while building full packages. It seems to always happen during BSFN & SPEC builds. Hardware looks okay and anti-virus, backup services are stopped. The packages went through beautifully a week ago and nothing has changed!! Has anyone else had a similar incident or know what I could try? Any help is appreciated. Deployment server is running Windows 2000 Server with SP3.

I may be wrong here but I thought the MTR for W2K SP3 was SP21.

/ Ian

I've seen this happen sometimes when the PCAnywhere service is running.

I would suggest rebuilding the Deployment Server, which is not too difficult an issue - but is indeed time consuming.

You need to take the B733x directory and copy it from the deployment server to somewhere safe, reformat the operating system and reinstall Windows, reinstall Visual C and then reinstall OneWorld. Once you have everything installed, copy back the B733x directory.

It might sound drastic, but it ensures that your deployment server is "clean" once again and that you'll be ok to rebuild full packages.

Back