OneWorld x V5R2

rcandeo

Well Known Member
Are all the problems for AS/400 V5R2 with OneWorld Xe SP20, solved? Does anyone has this configuration?
Thanks a lot.

what specific one_off and what specific problems??

For instance, if you don't use Web clients, then you don't care about
those issues, correct??

Let us know which one_off you are thinking of applying and what issues
you are concerned with...

Thanks,

Jim

I am using SP20, J1 OneOff. And Yes, I do have Web clients. I am concerned about a post that i saw here a few months ago telling that V5R2 was not OK for OneWorld.
Do you know if now it is OK?
Thank You

V5R2 was certified for SP 20 and above...you should be fine as long as
you are up to date on all PTF's, etc.. Check the IBM APAR page for JD
Edwards to ensure you have everything applied you need.

Regards,

Jim

I've been running V5R2, Xe Update 4, SP 21 for 4-5 months. I've had some problems with other 3rd party software, imaging stuff and have applied ptf's for those. Otherwise no real issues with OneWorld. We did go to the V5R2 client access. If you upgrade your clients to V5R2, remember to bring down the new odbc driver that is not included in the current service pack. I've got a list of issues encountered. let me know if you want it.

Jean, I thought only the previous V5R2 service pack of SI07675 required the updated CWBODBC.DLL file. The latest service pack is SI08894 and I thought the latency in ODBC was addressed with that CWBODBC.DLL

If I am wrong, please let me know. The original CWBODBC.DLL that shipped with CAE V5R2 killed my environment's performance.

Thanks!

Ryan Hunt

i'm on si07675 - didn't realize there was a new SP. I would hope that they included the odbc changes in the new sp.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe 17.1, Update 4/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

Jean, we are going to V5R2 this weekend. I'd be interested in your issues list. Thanks, Judy.

Jean,
We are considering moving to V5R2 very soon. I would also be interested in your list of issues.

Because the move to V5R2 appears to be such a watershed event, would it make sense to post the compendium of migration issues to this site to give everyone ready access?

Jean. I would like to see your issues list.

Thanks,

OneWorld XE Update 7
SP 21
ERP8, SP19

Jean,

How is your upgrade go since we plan to upgrade ours this coming weekend?
David

I'm attaching the document of issues for V5R2. At the time I was doing a SP21 upgrade and security upgrade, some of the issues pertain to these vs. the V5R2 upgrade.

Attachments

• 59874-IBM Call Log starting with V5R2.doc
    36 KB · Views: 1,075
Jean, if you do a dspsyssts, how has your current unprotect used and maximum unprotect been since your upgrade? With nothing changing in my environment but V4R5 to V5R2, and JDE SP17.1 to JDE SP21, I have had big problems with unprotected memory. I have to IPL every two weeks as the current unprotect climbs about 6GB per day and will reach 60GB in two weeks (10 working days). I have been unable to resolve this.

Thanks

Ryan Hunt

What objects are stored in unprotected memory? Have you followed up with IBM? Is this job space or job logs? Are you cleaning out joblogs regularly? If you do not, then old jobs that had a joblog will remain on the system and the job space for that job is not reused.

Actually it looks like I am hitting the limit myself here on our production machine. I'll follow up with IBM.
Current unprotect used . : 20752 M
Maximum unprotect . . . : 21082 M

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe 17.1, Update 4/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

Current unprotect is the amount of temporary storage being used at the moment. Maximum unprotected is the maximum value of temporary storage used since the last IPL. I currently have 460G in my system ASP. The maximum used since the last IPL is 21082 M or about 5%. IBM does not see this as an issue. But if you are seeing this number climb rapidly then it might be an issue. Temporary space is used by Job structures and things like queries that create temporary indices. IBM sent me a document of PTF's for Temporary Storage. I will attach it here.

Attachments

• 59886-23341308 Temporary Storage PTFs.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 179
Thanks Jean. There were a couple there a didn't have yet. My current unprotect is always within 2GB of the maximum, and never stops rising. I have let it rise as far as 13% of my DASD. Not a big deal I guess...it just forces me to IPL every two weeks, which I guess I should do anyway

I have mostly been trying to get it resolved in order to keep DASD load as light as possible and try to compensate for the additional load caused by the new V5R2 query engine, etc.

Thanks

Ryan

As the last email said, the maximum unprotected just tells you how high it has gotten since the last IPL. We IPL every week still, but we don't have 24x7 operations, so we have that luxury. If you see this constantly rising you should follow up with IBM. That list of ptf's looks like a working document that is changing alot.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400(V5R2) Co-existent Xe SP22, Update 7/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

Back