Cannot override location to run 'LOCAL' on WTS

SKH

Well Known Member
Cannot override location to run \'LOCAL\' on WTS

Hi,

We have recently setup a number of workstations with Windows 2000 Server (including Terminal Services) so remote users can perform development activities on these. All works fine in that the Development tools are all accessible. However, with regards to UBEs, when selecting 'Override Location' the option to run 'LOCAL' does not appear - only the server is listed.

Is there a way around this?

K Regards,

Sanjeev

Re: Cannot override location to run \'LOCAL\' on WTS

Hey Sanjeev,

After far as I know, there is no work-around. If you want the 'local' over-ride location option to appear, you need to turn off the Terminal Services Option. I tried to have TS on my deployment server a year ago for remote administration & ability to run UBEs from home - unfortunately the 'Local' option stopped worked. I had to turn it off as quite a few UBEs require to be run on Local mode!

Rgds
Nailesh

There are workarouds for this. This was discussed recently several times. Please do a seach in the forum and see.

Thanks for your reply. I have found the relevant 'thread'. Apparently you create another data source called anything but LOCAL and select this. I will try it.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Not true. Create another LOCAL datasource and call it anything but LOCAL
and you will be able to submit jobs locally when logged into your TS. I do
it all them time and quite extensively.

There is a thread on the jdelist that you can refer back to.

James

Back