SP22 Jas Menus

ijc

Well Known Member
[frown]

I have setup SP22_D1 using multiple foundations and am experiencing a strange problem. The Jas server SEEMS to be running correctly. I can, for example, access SAW.

However, when I log in I get no menus. I've tried renaming the "taskexploer.properties" but I get no menus whether I use Activera or OW menus.

The STDOUT.TXT contains the following error

[29/07/03 09:49:56:651 IST] 63dbc562 SystemOut U org.apache.jasper.JasperException: E:\PROGRA~1\JDEDWA~1\JAS\EA_JDEdwards_1.ear\webclient.war\taskexplorer\F008XTEView.jsp(11,57)
JSPG0103E: Unable to open taglibrary /taskexplorer/tlds/te.tld : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

the file its trying to read (te.tld) exists with full permissions. If I re-name it I get an error saying it can be found.

It would appear that org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl can't read te.tld

I've installed Websphere fix 6 (the MTR is 4)

Anyone got any ideas

Ian

Websphere 4.0, Oracle 8i, W2K

Just found this....

PQ76047: Different version of xerces in WAR causes JSPG0103E error

Downloadable files

Abstract
Customers using xerces in their application which differs from the WebSphere version will see a ClassCastException or JSPG0103E: Unable to open taglibrary error at runtime

Download Description
After applying fix pack 6 to WebSphere Application Server 4.0.x, some applications may no longer function. Errors will be seen in the application logs, stdout, or stderr files. The error may be a ClassCastException or JSPG0103E: Unable to open taglibrary. The problem is related to changes made for xerces in fix pack 6.

Prerequisites
WebSphere Application Server version 4.0.6

Installation instructions
Installation instructions are listed in the readme.txt file.

URL LANGUAGE SIZE(Bytes)
Readme US English 2016

Download package
Download RELEASE DATE LANGUAGE SIZE(Bytes)
PQ76047 7/15/2003 US English 1081838

I found the same exact thing on SP22 A1. Turns out you HAVE to have a default role assigned to every user that is going to sign in. So just go in and assign a default Role. You can do this by going to P95921 and assigning a default role

Thanks for the reply but I'm using OExploer stype menus. The Websphere fix (see my previous post) has resolved this issue

/ Ian

We are having the same problem. We applied the Websphere fix and those errors are gone but we still do not get any menus. I've tried renaming the "taskexploer.properties" to the owmenus file but I still get no menus.

I added a default role of JDE098 to my userid but still no menus. Any ideas?

Grant.

Grant,

Not sure but you could try this...

After getting the generation done he could no longer see any items in
the
menus to appear.

The developer looked at the issue and made the followig recommendation
which
seemed to resovle the issue.
Start WebSphere
- open admin and go to Application Servers | Default Server
- change module visibility to "compatibility"