release the token

vinnyl

Hi list,

XE SP22 SOLARIS ORACLE 8.1.7

User 1 has created a batch version and checkin. User 2 wants to Checkout the version on another workstation and there is a message about Queuing of Token.

User 1 has to release the token explicitly.

Is there a way to tell Oneworld to release token upon checkin

Vinnyl
CNC
[fou]

I believe that after the Project has been promoted into Production, all the tokens are automatically released.

If the user checks in the object he should be able to check it out from another machine, the project actually holds the token not a user. Now once a user checks out an object no one else can modify it in that or another project because of the Token. Heres what I did morning:

Created a new OMW project, Added myself and a developer into the project. Added an object and checked it out. Token was grabbed, I then checked in the object. The project still had the token. Went over to developers workstation and was able to check out and check in the object.

Now as for tokens automaticly release, I have never seen that. What I do is use SQL to just update the table. Or do it manually once projects go into production.

Nick

In Object Management Configuration (object transfer activity rules) screen, there is a release token column. This indicates whether or not to release the token when a project status is changed.

Other than that, it's a manual release.

The token should be held within the project the version was created within. Add User 2 to the project, they should then be able to check out this object.

I wouldn't want to go releasing tokens manually. This will cause you trouble down the road when you try and promote your changes.

Shaun

The easiest way is to have User 1 drop the token in her project (just press the button that shows a hand releasing a ball). This will release the token for User 2.

I'm pretty sure there is no way to Release the Token on Checkin using transfer Activity rules. If you notice on form W98230F, the "Release Token" column disappears if the transfer activity rules are for say status 21 (programming) to 21 (programming). These are the rules that define OMW actions for checkin and check out at status 21. I tried to manually set the RLSTKN field to 1 for checkin. OMW, however, seems to ignore this flag during checkin. Bottom line - OMW's probably hardcoded to never drop token on checkin.

Anyway, User 1 releasing the token is a simple solution to your issue.

Have fun,

Hi Vinnyl

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but have a look at SAR 4945378.

Malcolm
XE SP18.1 AS400 V4R5

Back