Copy Control Tables

David2000

Dear Friends

I need your help please

I have a new JDE OneWorld XE on Windows 2000 & SQL 7

I have made all the Financial Setup

1-GL Setup (Company Setup, BU , COA , Company Constant ………)
2-AP setup
3-AR Setup
4-PMS Setup
5-AB Setup

So I made all this setup on the CRP Prototype Environment ( PY7333 )

And I want to copy all this setup to the Production Environment ( PD7333 )

So I know that I will use Batch ( R98403 ) to Copy PY7333 Controls Table to PD7333

So want I need to know

1-Is all this Financials setup and Parameters will be Copied by Control Tables ??
2-Which Environment I have to Logon when I Use R98403 to copy the Control Tables from PY7333 To PD7333
3-I need to know some parameters In the R98403 Processing option regarding the Following :-

R98403 Processing option version XJDE0010 (Correct if I am Wrong for the version Number)

1-Enter the Name for the Target Environment ( PD7333 )
2-OR
3-Enter a ‘ 1 ‘ to load Production Data Or 2 to load Demonstration Data ( ????? )
4-Enter the Name of the Source Data Source For loading the Data (Control Tables – CRP )
5-Or Enter the Name of the Source Environment for the Database to be copied from
6-Enter a ‘ 0 ‘ for proof mode or a ‘ 1 ‘ to create the Environment Database ( ????? )
7-Enter ‘A” to re-Create Existing tables in Data Source ( ?????? )
8-Enter ‘ 1 ‘ to copy only tables that exist in the source data source ( ?????? )
9-Enter a ‘ Y ‘ to records without cleaning the Target tables ( ?????? )

Hey David,

Firstly, System Setup Records are stored in either Business Data Data Sources or Control Tables Data Source. You need to identify those tables that you need to copy.

Secondly, you could use a FAT Client & be logged on to any enviornment to run the R98403 UBE

Thirdly for the processing options -

Environment
==========

PO 1) Value - 'Blank'

PO 2) Use Select Target Data Source (Instead of Target Enviornment) & select 'Control Tables - Prod'

PO 3) Value - 2

PO 4) Value - 'Control Tables - CRP'

PO 5) Value - Blank

Update Tab
=========

PO 6) Value '1'

PO 7) Value 'A'

PO 8) Value '1'

Rest PO 9 to 13 - Values 'BLANK'

Hope it works fine for you!

Rgds
Nailesh