renew licence

sunnyind

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I am sorry, if this question sounds stupid to someone.
In one of my installation Licence is about to expire.
Below mentioned is what i know :
1) Goto GH9052 - > P98SRV (reset SPC)
2) click on Server security and update the code obtained from the JDE.

Do I need to do this:
1) Only after my licence expires ?
2) Should I do only from the Deployment Server logged in Planner Environment? OR Can I do it from the any Workstation useing JDE user from DV7334 environment?
3) Does the process affect any other folder apart from the client under B7334 in the DS?

Please advice..
Thanks

Hello,

You should renew it a couple of days before it expires. Also, you should do it on the deployment server logged into the DEP7333 environment.

I hope this helps.

Dan

You should renew your license earlier. The first warning message will appear a week before the license expires.
You can use a fat client as well. I did.
I don't think it worth saving couple weeks. For example, I got the expiration day in 2005. Surely I will upgrade my system sooner.

Alex

I hope my answer helps to what you are looking for.
1. Most important is you need to obtain the new SPC code prior to it expires. Otherwise, we had experienced that we could not sign on to OW, including going in thru Interoperability.

2. Just call JDE 800 number, select SPC code group, then you get a 'Live' rep immediately.

3. If you have multiple installations, they will ask which installation you are obtaining the SPC for. And, you enter the new SPC information thru the Deployment server. I signed in as JDE on the JDEPLAN envir, selecting reset SPC on server.

4. Once the new info entered. I normally have all our FAT clients do a GET AUTH to pull the new info down to their desktop. On Citrix, I sign on to the the Citrix server and also
do a GET auth, then be a first one on the Citrix client to also do a GET AUTH. This is so the rest of the Citrix clients doesn't enccounter the SPC message.

Well, at least those are the steps I go thru. Pretty fast. Perhaps there might be other ways from others in the OW community.

Good luck.

I was told by JDE that if you use a client that you are only updating the client's license and not the corporations pool of licenses. Can anyone verify that?

My understanding is you must do it on the Deployment Server and then complete it for each Fat Client you have.

To Reset the Deployment Server:

1. Go to the Deployment Server and log in as JDE to the JDE Planner Environment
2. Go to GH9052
3. Choose R98SVR
4. Click on Reset Security Server
5. Provide JDE with the Security Revision number and the Serial Number.
6. They will tell you the number of Client Licenses to enter - do so
7. They will give you the new Expiration Date - Type in as 10/31/2003
8. They will give you the new Authorization Code - Type it in all upper case
9. Click OK. If you have any type-Os it will not return to the previous screen.
10. Close out of the R98SVR

To Reset A Fat Client:

1. Go to the Fat Client and log in as JDE to any Environment
2. Go to GH9052
3. Choose R98SVR
4. Click on Reset Client Security
5. Click on the Get Authorization Code Icon
6. The Authorization Code and the Expriation Date will populate. Make sure the Expiration Date matched the same Expiration Date the Deployment Server Had - 10/31/2003
7. Click OK.
8. Close out of the R98SVR
9. Close out of JDE and have the User log back in.

Thanks a million times to all for making my jobs easy with the details of the process.

Thanks again Fernandez

Back