Compiler on Deployment server

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Hi List,

We see to be having an issues with our deployment server Compiling CCUSTOM.DLL that is liked to all our custom BSFN's...here is what is happening

We have been experiencing numerous issues with custom BSFN when packages are built on out Deployment server. The functions are linked to CCUSTOM dll when a package is built on the Deployment server none of the custom functions work when the package is built on a development workstation the functions work properly. I compared the size of CCUSTOM from a package on the server against one on a workstation and noticed that they are different. JDE seems to think that there is an issue with the compiler on the server and the way it is compiling CCUSTOM.DLL but we cannot pin point what the issues is as of yet. Has anyone see anything similar before.

Cleola,
have you ever build a FULL package with the functions in your CCUSTOM.DLL ? What does the buildlog.txt say ?
I 've had issues before with custom functions when compiling in update packages on ESs. To me it is not very likely that there is something wrong with the compiler itself in this case.

Good luck, Gerd

Yes I have built full packages with CCUSTOM and the package builds are all clean. but when you deploy the package to client workstations none of the applications that call the cuctom BSFN's that are linked to CCUSTOM will execute correctly, we get many memory violations and it dies not return data for some fields. The Deployment server Compiler version and service pack is the same as what is on the workstation. It may be domething with the CCUSTOM dll but I can really say what all I can see is a difference in the size based on where it is compiled.

I presume that when you sign on to the Deployment server you are signing into DEP7333? If this is the case, try renaming the following directory:

\\depserver\b7333\planner\BusObj

to

\\depserver\b7333\planner\BusObj2

Then try rebuilding your full package.

Alternately, try building the full package from a client workstation instead of the Deployment server.

Let the forum know what your results are...

Back