Html generation : Java Stackoverflow error

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi,
We use SP20_R1.
I have problems while generating Reports in html when i want to generate them all, or when i use bulkgeneration with quite a lot of reports (more than 100) :
the generator fails and indicate a java.stackoverflowerror.

Did someone already have this issue ?
Is our generation PC too weak ? or is there parameters that could have influence on that issue ?
In the "Advanced settings", is it better to select a "sequential generation" or a "parallel generation" ?

Thanks for your help.

Antoine.
OW Xe System Administrator.

I'm not sure what could be causing your issue, but JDE says that sequential Generation is the most stable but the slowest, and supposed to use the least amout of resources. I got this information from the SP22 install guide page 71.

Our generation machine has 1GB ram and is a 3GhZ processor running windows 2000. Our old machine was 512MB ram and it worked fine too just a little slower.

Nick

Antoine, don't feel alone in this issue. A year ago I discussed this with JDE and their only recommendation was as the previous responder pointed out... run in sequential. However, I've never been able to get full serialized objects builds to work without getting those errors. Since I only receive 2 each time, I've it on a low priority to figure out which 2. Its a compromise if you're tight on time.

Back