LOADALL.BAT doesn't create central objects tables

Crazy_About_JDE

Crazy_About_JDE

Well Known Member
LOADALL.BAT doesn\'t create central objects tables

Hi List! I'm stuck on an installation obstacle with the LOADALL.BAT script: It doesn't create any of the tables in my MSSQL2000 database named JDE_PD7333. The script runs for a long time, but I can't find the central objects tables in any of the SQL databases. Any ideas?

I'm brand new to the list and crazy because of OneWorld. I've been doing package builds and installation for a couple years but have only since May been getting more deeply involved in matters of CNC and JDE installation. I'll reveal more as the discussion continues, but for now I just need to get this one problem straightened out.

The LOADALL.BAT script has only one line: @call loadpd. I'm attaching the DB_SQLSRVR70.SQL script that was most recently used. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED -- THANK YOU!

-Tim

Attachments

• 58248-DB_SQLSRVR70.sql
    1.3 KB · Views: 70
Re: LOADALL.BAT doesn\'t create central objects tables

Tim,
you should go step by step.
Has the DB_SQLSRVR70.SQL scipt created the database correctly?
Are the users (DB logins) created correctly?
Have you edited the setenv.bat before running loadall.bat ?
Instead of running loadall, run loadpy, loadpd, etc one by one. Do not execute from windows explorer doubleclicking on the filename. Rather, open a cmd window (DOS) and run loadpd from there. If something is wrong there should be error messages on the screen. Also, check the logs created by loadpd .

Good luck, Gerd

Thank you, Gerd. Before I go back through all those steps, I'll share what I found in one of the existing log files (all the log files say the same thing): In this case, PD7333F98306.log (there is a corresponding .bad file that is empty:

SQLState = 37000, NativeError = 4064
Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open user default database. Login failed.

How do I check/specify the 'user default database'?

Hi,
are you using default database instance name for sql or user defined instance name???

if using user defined instance name then provide your
<enterprise_name>/<user_defined_instance> in your setenv.bat file...

I am using the default database instance.

Thanks to both Gerd and Sathya, I scrutinized my JDESET.BAT entries and found I am missing this entry:

@set PD_SPEC_DB=JDE_PD7333

Now added, the LOADPD.BAT appears to work. On to the next "opportunity!"

Back