HTML E-mails vs. Plain Text

AlexNunn

AlexNunn

We're having an issue on Window NT machines with Microsoft Outlook. It seems the super long hyperlinks for HTML client are getting trimmed at around 259 characters and won't work. We have yet to find anything in common between any of the machines other than NT 4 and Outlook of one version or another.
Our Windows 2000 boxes are working fine. A clean install of NT doesn't, but we have several existing machines that work without problem in NT. I'm of the opinion that it probably shouldn't work on any NT machines, but that something non-standard has fixed it for quite a few of our users. To this end, we discovered that hyperlinks sent as HTML e-mails, rather than plain-text, work perfectly on all our machines, regardless of version.
Now the kicker, where about in OneWorld would one turn on HTML e-mail? I'm talking about those e-mails for UBE completions, etc. We have a paid-time-off request system that this is biting us on.
I've tried looking through the Knowledge Garden without success. Although, I have seen some SARs out there that indicate OneWorld can send plain-text, html, and mime encoded e-mails, just not how.

Anyone have any clues on this? Is there a hidden setting somewhere, or are we forced to Windows 2000 for consistency?
We're a little worried about Lotus Domino browser support. We've been evaluating the software, and I seem to remember that hyperlinks only work in e-mail if it was sent as HTML.

Thank you for your time.

We're on J.D. Edwards OneWorld XE, update 6, service pack 21. We have both an iSeries and Windows 2000 servers, coming out of iSeries/DB2. HTML client is on Windows with WebSphere 3.5 Our e-mail server is Microsoft Exchange 5

Back