Garbage Characters

JDE Freelancer

We input Simplified Chinese (SC) characters Customer Name into OneWorld using Chinese character user profile. The display on Interactive application is correct for both domestic (English) and SC userprofiles. But:
1. We get Customer Name with garbage characters on UBE using domestic (English) userprofile. No problem on UBE submit using SC userprofile.
2. We get Customer Name with garbage characters on data grid export using both userprofiles.
3. We get Customer Name with garbage characters on UBE with CSV format using both userprofiles.

Can domestic userprofile input Chinese characters?

TIA.
AS400, XE Update 7, SP21, Citrix (W2K)

A domestic user can input DBCS characters, however the system user used for the domestic (JDE) user must have the proper CCSID. For example for my Japanese ID, I have the language set to English. My system user ID JDEJPN, has a CCSID of 932 (japanese). If I tried to enter Japanese from my english/western european ID, I would get garbage characters. You will see a message in the QZDASOINIT job stating that substitution characters may have been used if this is the case.

Tom

Are you using JDE OneWorld id for domestic and create another OneWorld ID - JDEJPN for Japan profile? If so, what is the different for this 2 IDs?

Thanks a lot.

No,

We are using JDE for users that access our English/Western European instance, and JDEJPN for users that access our Japanese instance. There is a difference. The JDE ID (& ONEWORLD ID) is set to CCSID 37 (english/western european), and our JDEJPN (& ONEWORLDJ) is set to CCSID 932. If you allow these users to cross instances you WILL get data corruption. I am able to set my Japanese OneWorld id to either English or Japanese in OneWorld and view the data normally. If I use my English OneWorld ID with ANY language on the Japanese instance the data is corrupt.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Hi , I have the same problem.We are running on AS400 enterprise server .And also web server runs on AS400.And our language is turkish .And I have garbage character problem on ubes and on tables. We have JDE and JDETR as system users.JDETR user ccsid is 1026.But with this user we can not add data into tables.I want to learn standart jde table ccsid's.What is F0911 or F0901 tables CCSID on AS400?

If you generated the tables with an OneWorld ID that had your JDETR as the system user, the CCSID should be correct. You should show the proper ccsid on DSPFD in my Japanese instance F0911 shows 939. The first time I generated the tables, I made the mistake of using JDE to generate my tables, the files ended up with CCSID 37. Also, on your web instance, in the HTMLClient file do you have the LanguageEncoding=tr active?

Hope this helps

Tom Davidson

Back