CUSTOM BSFN's

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
CUSTOM BSFN\'s

Hey,

Is it possible for anyone to give me a scenario as to why when we build a package full or update with custom business functions the build has no errors for client and server, however when we deploy the package to the enterprise server and to the client workstations and execute the an application that uses one of the functions the application crashes. It does not matter if it is run locally or on the server the we get the same results. But if you check out or do a get on the function and data structure and build the function locally and then launch the application it works fine. I have been experiencing this for weeks and have been unable to figure out why. It appears that all JDE functions are fine but it is even more strance that all our custom functions are showing the same signs.

Re: CUSTOM BSFN\'s

I have had this happen to me a few times in the past. What I had to do was check out the objects, check them back in, then build the update package on the same fat client I checked the objects out to. This works for me. Deploy the update packge to the fat client and the server before trying it out.

Another problem could be that you have a directory under the environment directory on your build machine called BusObj. (Example: C:\B7\CRPB733\BusObj ) If you do, delete it. This could contain old BSFN's and could be why your packages are containing the correct or non-corrupted revision of your BSFN.

I have also had problems building reliable packages on Windows XP fat clients. My work around for that is to use an old Win NT4 workstation I have here for update packages.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the document called 'Package Builds Under the covers' on the KG.

I hope this helps.

KD

Do you use a custom library/dll for your custom BSFNs?

Could you post your jde.log to the forum? Duplicate the application crash, then copy the jde.log after the crash.

There are a number of ways the application can crash with respect to business functions. First, you could get a Load Library failure. If this is the case, this can be caused by the following:
1 The custom DLL is missing altogether from the bin32
2 The custom DLL is in bin32, but the business function is not in the custom DLL (you can use the Dumpbin facility of busbuild to figure this out)
3. The custom DLL is in bin32, the business function is in the custom DLL, but another DLL on the client prevents the Custom DLL from loading. You can test this with Microsoft's PViewer. You should be able to verify that your custom DLL is not loaded, and the first time that the OneWorld tries to load it, it contends with another DLL. This scenario is difficult to diagnose, but if it is your issue, re-post and I can give you some things to try.

OK that was the load library case. The other case is that the specifications on the client (as a result of the package build) are missing or out of sync with the Custom DLL. In this case, OneWorld will have wrong information on how to call your business function.

In either case, the jde.log should provide some clue as to what the real issue is...

I am right there with you on the building of packages on XP. I have kept an old W2K machine just for the purpose of building update packages. Sometimes I even have problems accepting packages on XP if I have "too much" going on. Now I do nothing else while I am accepting a package. I switch over to the old W2K machine and do my work while I am waiting for the package to finish in XP.

Back