Copy Functional Setup from PY to PD environment

jdeakv

jdeakv

Hi All,
We are currently in the implementation phase. We have created the entire functional setup in PY environment. We need to have the same functional setup in PD. Do we need to recreate the setup in PD or is there a way to copy the existing setup in PY to PD.

Your valuable suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
AK

Normally, the whole PY Environment is copied into PD before the go live.

Regards,
Alex.

Can you kindly explain me the steps to copy the PY to PD. I have not done this before. I need your guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
AK

Arul,

in the future please do not spam (cross -post) to multiple forums.
My understanding from one of the other forums where you posted the same question is that what you really want to do is:

Copy from ProtoType to Production only the constants and settings data such as Business Units, UDC codes, etc. Probably in preparation for going live in production. Is this the case?

Hi,

There is a document on the Konwledge Garden called:
Title: Creating a mirror image of the CRP Environment for the PROD Environment - OTI-01-0026

This document explains the steps for copying from CRP/PY to PROD for the complete environment for all releases. There is also another document about the R98403 that you should probably read too. I do not have the exact name of it, but a search on knowledge documents for R98403 should bring it up.

Hope this helps.

KD

I don't think the PY environment should necessarily be copied to the PD environment for Go-Live. See most people do their prototype in PY instead of TS so PY has 'junk' data in it most of the time.

For Go-Live here's what I would do.

1. Copy objects and versions to PD .
2. Copy all Control Tables from PY to PD.
3. Do any data conversions to PD from 3rd party systems.
4. Reset Next numbering in PD.
5. Copy select Business Data to PD.

If your PY env has no historic data (ie. no junk if it wasn't used for prototype) then you can copy EVERYTHING. If you used PY for prototype then you need to copy select tables from PY to PD (use the R98403 and define data selection).

Let me know your setup and I can provide more direction.

Colin

Back