Access to Darabases

MDH

Hello listers,

I am a Functional not Technical user of JDE

I would like to access the CRP database. However, I keep getting into the Production.
Shouldn't I be able to get there by specifying that I want to access CRP.
This is the procedure used to access the data.

In Access, I do File - Get external Data - Link Tables - ODBC Databases - Machine Database Source -OW ODA, then all I get is a display of all the tables (however, I was not given the opportunity to chose the environment to get my data from)

When I use either: CRP-Control table or CRP-Business Data, I am asked for a password.
Is there a way to accomplish my linking without going to the control tables therefore requiring a password?

Thanks for the help

Hi,

It looks like you are not set up with access to CRP. The JDE ODA ODBC driver uses JDE security, so if you can't get there in OW, you should not be able to get there via Access using the ODA driver.
Ask your CNC to set you up to access CRP.

KD

I can get to CRP if I want to. Only in Access I can not specify that the data that I want to query on is CRP data.

Do you think that I should use my signon for accessing CRP when prompted to by Access?

I will try and will let you know if it works.

Thanks, MDH

I beleive the ODA will use the current environment you are logged into, if you are logged into OW at the time. Using your CRP login may work for you. If you use your PROD login, it should map you to the PROD data sources.

You may be able to work around your problem if you can not log into CRP directly from Access by logging in to OneWorld CRP first, then minimizing it.

Here is how I connect for Crystal Reports. It is not exactly the same as Access, but it uses the ODA and should behave similar at the login stage.

When I connect via Crystal Reports using th ODA, I log into OW first, then minimize it, then launch access or Crystal and it connects me the same environment I am already connect to in OW without asking for a log on. ( I usually do this so I can query through OW and run the cross reference utility while I create my reports.) If I am not logged into OW already when I launch Crystal, I get a login prompt.

I hope this helps!

KD

Back